Re: IRMA

Post by Chastened Phoenix » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Yeah, so relieved!

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Re: IRMA

Post by terryrayc » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:53 am

ya our light flickered once and that was it. However out of 110k people in Lakeland, 77k had no power on Monday. As of today it's down to around 7k but most of those are looking at next week.

Now Tampa is still a few hundred thousand without power and some of those will be weeks. And we were lucky, you go south and there are people who are looking at months.

All and all we lucked out.

Now there are a lot of stores with empty shelves still. Most of the stores and restaurants near me got power back last night and most are waiting for trucks with merchandise to arrive. We went out for dinner tonight and had to order from a limited menu...no dairy, no produce. Had a plain burger with ketchup only...they had nothing else to put on it....but atleast I didn't have to cook it. Went to Publix(If you don't know, it's a major grocery store chain) they had no fresh meat and the deli section was empty...their warehouses are in Lakeland as well and I'm told 2 of the production centers flooded.

We;re probably a week or 2 away from being back to normal. But it could be worse. My company has a location in St Martin and I'm told most of the island is gone. They got running water back to part of the island today. Now that's sad.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore