Housing Designee Instructions

Read me first before posting anywhere!

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

BrunoKnotslinger
Team Member; Retired with honors

Housing Designee Instructions

Post by BrunoKnotslinger » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Very very soon, players will be able to set a "designee" to collect housing materials for. That is, you go to the housing office and tell Fregrigo, "Yo, I want all the stuff I drop off in the box to go towards J'oe the Elf." And from that point on, any time you talk to Fregrigo or drop things off in the box, the housing system treats you just as if you were J'oe the Elf (until you tell Fregrigo to remove your designee). You can only have one designee at a time, obviously, but you can change designees as often as you like.

I've written it so that you're reminded anytime you drop things off who your designee is (if you have one) to help avoid any "I didn't mean to give Moe the Dwarf 100 granite blocks, those were supposed to go to J'oe the Elf" type of accidents.

This is a brand new system. I've tested it a bit and have ironed out the few things I've found wrong with it, but please please please report any bugs or quirks you discover with it to me directly via PM.

Last, but certainly not least is the first (and only) commandment of house collecting:

Thou shalt not set one of your alts as your designee!
This is muling. Anyone caught doing this will be dealt with harshly, likely resulting in their being banned from Arkaz.

Gorgon
unknown

Re: Housing quest update

Post by Gorgon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:17 am

The idea is so simple and useful, it scares me.

Very nice if it doesn't get abused in some way. Yes, I'm the paranoid type.

G~

thetamlyone
Wise One
Wise One

Post by thetamlyone » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:22 pm

I love it! So many people want to help, and leaving stuff in the community chest is just not the ideal way to do it. *hugs Bruno* Maybe Ji and Thralia will eventually finish that house of theirs now.....

corwink
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by corwink » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Stickied topic
Gone