I'm tired

Read me first before posting anywhere!

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

I'm tired

Post by terryrayc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Okay so here's the thing I started Arkaz in it's nwn online version over 7 years ago. That's a long time. In that time I've seen good players come and go, good team members come and go. I've seen things get good, then bad then good again. I've seen CoPaP get close to going away and I've seen us all stand together. It's been a long ride, a lot of it has been worth it but some has not. So I'm going to get something off my chest.

Arkaz has been known around CoPaP as the place where the unwelcome go. Over the years our players and some of or team members have been made up of people who were not really wanted on the other servers. Some of our members were banned for different reasons, some good and some stupid and in some cases for reasons that they should never have been banned for but that other teams were a little too on the hard side. I've welcome all, not because I was Anti-{This Team} or anti-{That Team}, but because I felt everyone deserved a chance to prove they have learned, to reinvent themselves and at time just because I knew they had learned their lesson. In all of that time only 3 players have ever been banned from here for actions they have done here. We've VJ'ed a few at times but for the most part we've worked with players to resolve the issue and get them back on the straight and narrow.

At times I've pissed team members (Both on my team and others) for giving players a few extra chances. It's how I run things here...why???? Simple this is a game, this is not real life...if you cheat once or twice and get a few extra xp for a couple hundred extra gold, I'm not going to kick you to the curb. I'm going to have a talk with you and let you know that you are making the wrong decision and to please not do it again. If you decide to keep it up then you will find yourself facing some IG punishment...and if you still do not learn well you'll make it in the hall of fame by being the rare banned player. I know a lot of other teams tend to not even worry about the talking to of anything and move right to the 'Go away forever' stage, but I feel that's not the best solution most of the time.

Now that being said, I think over time players and team members have decided that I'm kinda a push over, that I tend to give in and give people too many chances. Please tend to complain and fuss and moan and such that they want things their way or the way they think things should go. I'm kinda tired of it. So here's the new ground rules, just so everyone is clear.

1) No more chances, everyone has been warned, you break a rule go play somewhere else.
2) We all get along. If you don't like the other character(IC) then keep it 100% IG and IC. if it spills OOC then you can go play somewhere else.
3) Team members are here to support the game and players, remember that...you work for me and the players. If you cannot remember that let me know and we'll take care of what needs to be taken care of.
4) No more favorites. DM's are here to make things fun for the players. That includes all players. If you find you cannot make it fun for everyone then let me know and we'll find you something else to do.
5) Players will remember that the staff have lives and other things to do and at times do like to play. They are not here to support your needs 100%. If you ask for something and no one has time to do it then deal with it.
6) Cheating = Ban
7) Griefing = Ban
8) Giving me a headache = World of hurt for you

I'm going to create a new forum for requests. So if you want a DM plot you will start a new thread. If it's approved someone will get to it when they can. If you need something built because you have a great idea, post it and we'll see. There will be no more sending in 500 PMs and hoping the staff gets tired of deleting them and just gives you what you want.

It seems that the only way to keep everyone civil is for me to act like an ass, so guess what, here we go.

If you have any questions or concerns let me know. If you have a problem with a rule....at this point I'm in the mood to tell you tough.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Re: I'm tired

Post by terryrayc » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:28 am

I just want to take the time to explain a little more. This isn't directed at 95% of the player base or team. Those that know why I'm tired know what is going on. If you do not know what I am talking about then chances are you are not doing anything wrong.

I want the players to enjoy playing, I'm just trying to keep that enjoyment going.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore