Read me first before posting anywhere!

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

ForsakenPlague
Team Member; Retired with honors

Dungeon Competition

Post by ForsakenPlague » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 am

DUNGEON COMPETITION

What: A Dungeon Competition!

When: Starting today, August 1st. Last day for submission is Friday, August 31st.

Who: Anyone. Players, builders, DMs(Off-world players included!)

Why(Prize): Bragging rights(Spiffy new forum title), an OOC(Out of Character) monument included in the dungeon, and an additional super sekretz prize.

Rules, General

1. One submission per player.

2. Submissions later than the 31st will not be counted(For the competition. You can still submit your dungeon for inclusion into the world!)
  • 2A. Any dungeon submitted for this competition will be added at the Arkaz team's discretion. The Arkaz team reserves the right to modify any dungeon submitted(Reasons will include, but are not limited to aligning with world lore, removing bugs, etc).
3. This goes without saying, but please do not try to sneak in anything that would otherwise be an exploit.

Rules, Toolset

1. Tags, Resrefs, Names: When first making new content for the module, use a standardized system of an acronym from your forum name, followed by an underscore and an abbreviation for the object. This will set the Resrefs and Tags appropriately. Once the object is created, you can then edit the existing object, and change the Name to something more flavorful.

Example: A new Troll NPC with Barbarian levels = FP_TrollBarb
Example: A new greataxe with acid = FP_AxeAcid

2. New Content Limit: There can only be so much custom content added. That's why we've set the limitations below. You may use as much existing, standard NWN content as you'd like.
  • 2A: No more than 10 new NPCs
    2B: No more than 10 new Items
    2C: No more than 5 new Scripts
    2D: No more than 5 new Encounters
    2E: No more than 10 new Areas(Please keep Area sizes to 8x8 and below)
3. World Lore: Please try to keep things with reasonable limits. A new cave full of snakes? Good. A tower full of Were-Jedi Ninjas wielding Lightsabers? Bad.

4. Base Module: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/ERCLG3rPDp/ [FIXED] This is a bare-bones module with nothing in it but the required Arkaz custom files. All you need to do is download, extract, and you're ready to go.

We don't expect perfection. If you make more than 10 new NPCs, or if you don't quite name things properly, we won't freak out. I will post details on how to submit your finished dungeon as we draw closer to the date. If you have any questions, feel free to post below, or send me a private message.

ForsakenPlague

ForsakenPlague

Re: Dungeon Competition

Post by ForsakenPlague » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:59 am

Sorry, guys and gals, but it seems like I made a mistake when creating the base module! Please do me a favor, and hold off on using the above. I'm going to put up a new version Friday or Saturday.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Alright, after much puzzling, I've figured out the problem. The new base module I've linked above will work just fine. I've bumped the start date to today, with the competition running until the 31st of this month. Have fun, and let me know if there are any problems or questions!

ForsakenPlague

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Bump! If you have any questions, feel free to give me a poke, whether it's about the rules, or toolset-related.