Website outage

Read me first before posting anywhere!

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Website outage

Post by terryrayc » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Some of you might have noticed an outage 2 days ago. Here is the response from the host
Hello,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated the cause of the outage that affected your services last night. Our admins have completed their analysis of the incident and have determined that it was due to a hardware failure in one of our routing devices. This resulted in a loss of connectivity between our LAX datacenter and our bandwidth providers. We rebooted the machine that was having issues and that restored connectivity to the affected networks. Total downtime was just over an hour.

We have already contacted our hardware provider and we will be getting a brand new router to replace this one with. As soon as we have the new hardware, we will be swapping out the router that failed. If we expect any downtime as a result of the swap, we will post a maintenance window on our status page in the near future - www.dreamhoststatus.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this outage caused for you. If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact support and let us know.

Thanks!
The Happy DreamHost Networking Team
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore