WOW

Read me first before posting anywhere!

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

WOW

Post by terryrayc » Sun May 19, 2013 3:05 am

You know what Arkaz has been here since the beginning of 2005.

over 8 years. Can you beleave that a NWN server would last 8 years. And Avlis has been around about 4 years longer.

When I started Arkaz I expected it to last 3 maybe 4 years tops. I new NWN1 was dying and we all thought NWN2 would take over....but we all know what a mess NWN2 turned out to be. I know I gave up on using it years ago.

I will say that the years I spent working in the toolset and playing online with all of you was great. I was sad to give it up...but with 3 kids a more then full time job and a Wife that strangely enough likes spending time with me it just wasn't possible to really give it the time it needed. So I trusted my world in the hands of others. For the most part they did good....there were some decisions made that I wasn't 100% happy with and a few directions that I would like to have turned a different direction but for the most part it's turn out alright.

I'm guessing we don't have another 8 years in us but I hope we get a few more.

On some related news I've gotten back into Neverwinter....just not the Neverwinter Nights. I been playing the new Neverwinter MMO. Been there since the first Beta, it's fun...though I only get to play a few hours a week I'm enjoying it. I did play some Startrek online, in fact I still sign in every few days just to remind people I'm alive. I did play Eve Online but I'mm be honest with everyone...if you cannot give Eve 4 or 5 hours a day it's not the game for you...which is why I don't really play it anymore. Let's see what else is fun...Defiance is fun...They are doing a good job linking the game to the TV show...though I get more time to watch the show then play......though I tend to watch the show usually by Thursday and usually around 1 am. I did do Guild Wars 2 for a few months....but I kinda fell in and out of love with it fairly quickly.

Anyway that's what I've been up to. I work usually 55 to 60 hours a week....try and find time to coach my 2 son's little league games (They play on the same team so it helps) and have a tea party and dress up party with my 2 year old....she's a lot different then the boys. Yes take not you men out there, I do play dress up with my kid....she has fun and so do I and I'd not miss it for anything.

I was going to do a state of the world...it's been a year or more since I did one but most of the players are team members and know what's going on....for the few of you that are not...things are quiet. Terror has retired and FP is on leave so you guys are stuck with me only for now....from a Sr Leadership point of view we still have a good core group of DMs and a few builders and such. so we'll keep the lights on for a few more years at least.

IF you didn't see the posting about the domain name change then I'll post it here again.

we are moving from arkaz.com to arkaz.org. I'll be honest, I own both...and a few more, I even own arkazrpg.com. The reason is simple, a company in Europe uses the same name and they've been bugging me for years for the domain....they got serious and made an offer that to be honest I'd shoot myself for not taking so we are working out the final details. I do find it strange because when I picked Arkaz, I made it up.....seems someone else made it up to...in fact a few did, if you goto arkaz.net you'll find another arkaz company out there from France. Anyway I've started moving things over to arkaz.org. The site should start working tomorrow and the DNS entries are all there, I really just need to move over the mail addresses and it'll be a done deal.

Anywho, I'll close with this. Thank you for 8 years of fun times, strange times and interesting times and I look forward to many more.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore

medea
DM
DM

Re: WOW

Post by medea » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:52 am

*cheers wildly* :mrgreen:
Medea/makelovelikewar

Shadow Lord: Very well, if you insist.
*Dae pwns Shadow Lord*
Dae: I insist.

Dae...such a delicate little flower...