Crafting Update 2015

Read me first before posting anywhere!

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

einnoc
Lost One
Lost One

Re: Crafting Update 2015

Post by einnoc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:20 am

Vixie is looking forward to craft her own master hammer.. show proudly her expert hammer she had made herself..

Akai
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Akai » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Aericonte waits hopefully for new arrows that use the new arrowheads! :)

(Need higher level carpentry recipes! ...and I've already used up my one recipe slot... don't suppose I could use tokens for more?)

(The world needs Avarine Greater Arrows of Song!)

(Thx for all the hard work Brayon!)

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Akai wrote:(Thx for all the hard work Brayon!)
You're welcome. But I have to give credit to Mhog. He's doing the bulk of the work in the coding, and database upload work. Zerub has made some blacksmithing items as well. I'm just the guy that's posting updates, and reworking the recipes over to the new system as Mhog cranks them out. And adding new recipes, and fixing existing ones. :)

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Armorcrafting has gotten the update. :D

On a Side note, as It's been asked about new content; yes we will be getting new stuff. we have three phases that we are working on.

Phase 1: Convert to the new System. This has been going on with Mhog and I in a tag team effort. He does some coding and DB work, I convert the recipes, drops etc. as it happens. Usually on weekends, or on days when Mhog isn't at work.

Phase 2: Fix/Update/Add Missing existing recipes. Running at the same time, and also after the Phase 1, is us tweaking the existing recipes. Also adding in some that should of been there, but weren't. This could mean changing regents in an item, moving its level up or down, making sure it works, an item is produced, etc. I can say with Alchemy, there is a fair number that is not added. A lot of existing Bio-ware stock potions, and specialty potions. These will be added in this phase.

Phase 3: Enhancement. This is all the new content. Everything from New Arrows, New Armor, New Special Weapons, etc. will be done here. So, once the first two Phases are done, things get interesting here. :)

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Glassmaking has been updated. Four new recipes have also been added.

Tailoring has been updated. One new recipe has been added.

Some of these we can not test without them being in the live server. Please report any bugs you might find, and thank you very much for what you have done to help us! :)

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Some existing recipes have been tweaked as well. With the Yield per success increased on a few of them.

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:19 am

Jewelry Crafting has been converted over to the new system.

Weaponsmithing to follow in the next few days.

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Weaponcrafting is now updated.

This completes Phase 1, and we are on to Phase 2. Fixing any issues with existing recipes, and adding in recipes that should of been in, but were not added for one reason or another. New resources may be found in the mods, coming soon as well. Plus critter drops might be used in some of the crafts.

Keep a watch on this and the Patch Update Forum for more details. :)

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Some new pieces of Jewelry have been added. Thanks to Mhog. The Level 11 Greater Band rings have all had their recipes changed. So, if you know the recipe, 2 items in each went to lower versions. All other items, and amounts remain the same.

On next mod update new resources will be added in.

Hops Flowers for brewing. Logical places, of where these would be. More so on Islands, and Toloira Mods. Less so on Iron mod. (Tried to steer away from adding them to "dungeon" islands.)

Most inns, and taverns, especially ones that have Cooking equipment, and some other locations will now have some added resources as well.

Baker's Yeast
Brewer's Yeast
Milk
Salt

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:52 pm

For years, Rock salt has been in the mods, and mine-able for a resource. However, it was never used in a recipe. Now, it is. :) You can now make Refined Salt, and that will be used in future Alchemy Recipes.

A word of note: Refined Salt, and Salt items are different things. Refined Salt will be used in Alchemy, while Salt is used in Cooking.