Ways to advance plots

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Alphonse
Team Member; Retired with honors

Ways to advance plots

Post by Alphonse » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:35 pm

I was having a discussion with Xaila about how to advance plots, and we came to the conclusion that not everyone necessarily knows what some DMs look for when it comes to their plots. I know I personally dont like to push the pace for some of my plots along, especially if it means using up one of my regular DMing slots. Some of them may actually need some investigation initiated by you guys :shock:

So heres a few pointers for things that can be done to advance a plot.

1. Emote posts. If you're investigating a certain area, or reading particular books in the library why not mention it in one of the IC forums. The DM may PM you some new information, or let you know the next time they see you online.

2. PM the DM. In a similar way why not PM the DM what your character does, or who they speak to. The DM may PM you some new information, or let you know the next time they see you online.

3. Send a message on the DM channel asking if you can RP out the investigation. If the DM is online they'll usually be more than happy to RP through the investigation including any necessary rolls.

Hopefully these are some good pointers. Feel free to ask any questions here

Al
*creater / destroyer of worlds*

Alphonse
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by Alphonse » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:20 am

For the next few weeks I'm also open to people PMing me to arrange a time to RP out any relevant plot investigation.

I'm usually available between about 17:00 GMT and 23:00 GMT week days and pretty much all weekends. Feel free to PM me to arrange a time if there is anything you want to do for a plot
*creater / destroyer of worlds*