ForsakenPlague's General Notes

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

ForsakenPlague
Team Member; Retired with honors

ForsakenPlague's General Notes

Post by ForsakenPlague » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi! This will be a location to announce general, Out of Character things concerning events. Times, dates, starting locations, requests and much, much more.

Edit: This thread is for my personal use. Should you have a question, concern or comment, please send me a private message.

The OOC request for today is pretty easy. I need a pm from anyone who has vials of Black Substance(or substance-smeared cloth for a unique case). Things to include in the PM.

1. Where the vial is. If your PC has it, if it's in a box, if it's with an NPC.
2. Any steps your PC has taken to keep it safe. Wards, inside a locked box, 24/7 security from a familiar.
3. General intentions for right now. I don't need a paragraph, just a few words saying, "*Insert character's name* is going to try and research the substance," or, "*Insert character's name* is going to pass it off to someone else."

ForsakenPlague

Re: ForsakenPlague's General Notes

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Today we're going to do an OOC request. When in an event, interacting with NPCs is one of the pinnacle factors. They give you information, guide you to where you can get information, and are a required part of any quest.

In many instances, NPCs will tell you things freely, but only if the Dm is aware of the request. With large amounts of people all talking at once(both in party chat and regular), important questions directed at NPCs sometimes get missed in the confusion, or will not even be seen as the Dm is off somewhere else. With all this taken into consideration, here is my request.

When asking an NPC about something during an event, do the following:

1.Use the Dm channel. This comes up as a big, screaming slap in the face compared to doing the emote or question in regular(or even party) chat. I will notice it if it's sent via the Dm channel regardless of my location, or how many people are talking.

2.Include in your question or emote the 'who' and 'where.' Example: "*Kieran to Dwarven Miner by the Ugly Elf Inn* Hi! Do you like mining ore?" This allows me to quickly respond.

3.Wait three or four minutes before moving on. Do not send the question, then walk off after hearing no immediate response.

These three things will help me to respond in a timely, less-chaotic fashion with useful information that you can then use.

While I have your attention, anyone that was involved in yesterday's interactions with the Iron Forge Guards, and spoke with Lt. Stonecrusher about King Stonebeard, remember to send me that PM with the subject: Iron Forge King. Include an IC location your character can be reached at.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:59 am

I owe quite a few people some forum research responses. Bear with me, and I'll have them done soon.

Another OOC request on hitting up the Dm channel with rolls -- If you want a reply to a roll, send an emote directly before or after using the Dm channel so I know what the roll is for. Seeing that your PC is trying to 'spot' something means little unless I have some context to work with.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Request: Anyone that has a vial of Black Substance, please post that you have one, and how many on your private, "Xanis' plots" threads.

If you do have a vial of Black Substance, and do not have a private thread in the "Xanis Plots" section of the forums, please Pm me.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Event announcement

Where: Old Hamlet
When: Saturday, April 3rd, 6ish PM Eastern(I'll solidify the time within the next couple of days)
Plot: Cult of Xanis

Special Notes:
-This is an open event. Everyone is encouraged to attend regardless of prior participation or involvement in the Cult of Xanis plot.
-All levels are welcome

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:08 pm

I've fallen a little bit behind on a few things, and I need your help catching up.

If I owe you a piece of IC information(analysis of rituals, what a certain Npc said in response to a question, ext.), please send me a PM.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:15 pm

I'll be running something around 10:00 PM Eastern. It might be related to the Cult of Xanis, it might not be. Either way, Old Hamlet. Spiffy Boots. XP. Be there.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:20 pm

thetamlyone wrote:I am having a great time, too! Not peeking at other people's threads is KILLING ME, but it's fun! :D

...I thought we were running the rest of the Thursday thing on Saturday, but the calendar says Sunday. I can't make Sunday, sorry. Hope you guys have an awesome time!
Event announcement

Where: Old Hamlet
When: Saturday, April 3rd, 6ish PM Eastern(I'll solidify the time within the next couple of days)
Plot: Cult of Xanis

Special Notes:
-This is an open event. Everyone is encouraged to attend regardless of prior participation or involvement in the Cult of Xanis plot.
-All levels are welcome
This is a bump for the event tonight. If there is any confusion about the time, know that it starts tonight at 6:00 Eastern.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Due to technical difficulties, we'll be bumping the start time back half an hour. New start time, 6:30 Pm Eastern.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 pm

This is another bump for falling behind. If any actions/research has been sent that didn't receive a response, please send me a private message with a brief reminder. Things can easily slip through the cracks, and I want to make sure everyone is getting feedback.