ForsakenPlague's General Notes

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

ForsakenPlague
Team Member; Retired with honors

Re: ForsakenPlague's General Notes

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:28 pm

As many of you are already aware, the Rising Eclipse and the conflict therein is starting to heat up very, very fast, and with the heating has come a great deal of interest in armies, guards, militia groups, etc.

If you are already a member of one of the Toloira guards, or have applied to the N.S.W.D., this isn't for you. The rest of you, keep on reading.

1) If your character hangs around Nuvar, and would like to officially participate in the war against the Rising Eclipse, send me a private message with a brief bio-character name, race, paraphrased history, alignment.

2) If your character hangs around Toloira, and would like to officially fight the Rising Eclipse by joining one of the city guards, send me a private message with a brief bio-the dirty essentials.

I'll be announcing a couple of DM events for both Toloira and Nuvar this coming week, and need to know these details as soon as possible!

ForsakenPlague

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:04 pm

With the big war-time events we've been having of late, Area of Effect spells are especially effective. Like with all good things, however, there's a tiny problem in that people/characters aren't always being so careful with where they throw the Area of Effect spells in relation to friendly NPCs. Maybe it's lag(probably lag), or maybe it's misclicks.

Grease, Darkness, Ice Storm etc. If one of these clip a friendly NPC, it puts a literal stone in my metaphorical boot that meddles with aspects of the entire event. With that in mind, here's a fairly hard and fast rule for my events only(Other DMs can and will handle it differently).

Friendly Fire and AOE Spells: If you clip a friendly NPC with a friendly fire spell, it will be chalked up as an IC action, and will provoke a reaction down the road.

Tip: For big, extra laggy events, try using spells like Chain Lightning and Sunburst(auto-targeting AoE spells), or try using spells like Burning Bolt, Fire Orb and Flame Arrow(single-target spells).

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:43 am

I have approximately thirty unanswered private messages with another twenty that I've read and have yet to answer. Please have patience; I'll hopefully have everything answered by the end of this week.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Have you sent a team-related PM and not heard anything back for more than a week? If so, please give me a poke!

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:29 pm

I believe a few things have slipped through the cracks. If you're waiting on something from the team, whether it's a PRC request, plot update, research response, OOC question or more, please send me a private message!

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:03 am

I belatedly realized my forum inbox was full, and believe that I didn't receive all the messages that were sent.

Akai x4
Krisbutt
renard5

If you sent me a PM and your name isn't Akai, Krisbutt or renard5, please resend! Sorry for the inconvenience.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:12 am

I have approximately twenty five to thirty private messages to take care of. If you sent one in recently, please be patient. I will get to you eventually.

ForsakenPlague

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Every so often I'll drop loot in a big pile at the end of an event. I know it may be your character's alignment or methodology to run away with the shiny prize(Or large pile of prizes) while everyone else watches without a clue. That's okay.

However, if you don't incorporate some kind of roleplay into the blatant robbery of loot-an emote, a little Move Silently check and a ping to the DM channel, something-I will do the emote for you, and it won't be pretty.

Roleplay. Do it, even if it means you get caught.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 am

I made a mistake. I deleted approximately twenty of my most recent private messages from my inbox. If you sent me anything over the past three days, please dig it up and resend it. Sorry; thanks.

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Mon May 14, 2012 7:42 pm

For the people who have sent me private messages over the past week to two weeks, please be patient. I'll get to them hopefully by the end of this week.