What is(are) your coolest item(s)?

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

ForsakenPlague
Team Member; Retired with honors

What is(are) your coolest item(s)?

Post by ForsakenPlague » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:36 am

The title says it all-what is your coolest item? It doesn't have to be powerful, and it doesn't have to be plot-related(but both of those are cool!), but it does have to be special in some way!

Maybe another character gave it to you, or maybe you found it during a Dm event! Regardless, I want to see and hear about 'em!

P.S. This is something to do while the MS is down. :wink:

Adament

Re: What is(are) your coolest item(s)?

Post by Adament » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 am

My coolest item is my wand of pimp balla. Yes, it is what it sounds like!

Oh crap! You ment coolest item in game :wink:
My RP strategy for playing a low wisdom character is to basically just be myself.

Eternal Time
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Eternal Time » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:50 am

Ooooh, for Rosemary that's a toughy. Every single one of her 50 (all named and kept in the same order that she received them, but for the sake of everyone's sanity, I won't list them) goat figurines are special, but her magical goat necklace is probably the coolest thing she has. It's got some cool magical properties, but mostly it's just cool because a) it fits right in with her bizarre obsession with collecting goat figurines and b) Frapp gave it to her. Although, she was recently given a ring that's even more special. :)

As for Marguerite, it's her hummingbird necklace, no contest. It's pretty and was a gift from Stephen, so that automatically makes it cool.

3DWarrior

Post by 3DWarrior » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:57 am

This is probably my most favorite piece. It was from the Keivick plot with Avani and Varm, and while it doesn't see much use, I <3 it everyday.

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 am

Not my coolest items, but less spoiler-ish then that. Here were some fancy drinks made for a mage school reception.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Post by Tremayne7 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:09 am

Ok, a small explanation about this item.

I played for a long time a bard named Aria Dy'ner (now Greftlyn). Aria is a follower of Lady Sune (goddess of Love and Beauty) on Hala. At the time our beloved Samhaim (Braellis) was a DM there and after much RP and care on dear Aria's part I was given this item as a plot reward. Out of all the items I have lovingly received from all our wonderful DM's, this is still the most treasured of all my items.

Although I hardly ever play Aria much anymore, it is still one of greatest treasures. Part of the reason I don't play Aria is she has her happy ending. :wink: Dearest Sam, you as a friend are also one of my greatest treasures too.

Peter Andar, my druid ranger who frequents the shores of our fair isles, has a pair of boot he got as a reward for the discovery of Avarine. I'll have to wait to get in game to get a screenshot of the boots. I received that from Corwink and Soulkey.

Zach has a few items too. His shield which was a gift from Andy, started out an item that was purchased at an event on Ysgard to honor the Aesir (the pantheon of gods there). It was later upgraded as my plot reward for Zach's PrC of Dragon Disciple by GP (Pelagia) and it even includes Andy in the description. And one other item from dearest Andy. A snowglobe I got as a Holiday present. Lumi too is another dearest treasure as a friend that I hold dear.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 am

Here is Malik's recognisable gear

His glove which he wears over the top of his gauntlets, just like Michael Jackson!

His new shield which is just going to be trouble....

Malik's amulet, while not obviously his, makes me giggle. May well be the first custom DM item I received but Morgans gloves may be older.

And finally his armor. No special description or anything like that, but as you can likely tell from the name its been with him a while ;) Of all the items on all my characters this is the one im most proud of. He bribed someone with diamonds to go to celestia and get it for him and has been slowly corrupting it ever since.
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

ForsakenPlague

Post by ForsakenPlague » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:39 am

Zombie, where's that Kama? :wink:

Tiramisu
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Tiramisu » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:43 am

Sorry, no screenies since the servers are down :(

Tira loves the longsword and shortsword she got during the Avarine plot. They are a matched set, "The Point of Avarine" and "The Reef of Avarine" I love the fact that her dual weapons are related to one another. They're not super powerful (though they are very nice). It's more the coolness of the way she got them and also having a matched set of weapons instead of a random pair of swords from two different place.

Overall though, Tira's favorite item is her boots "Tira's Thigh-highs" They have useful properties, but the description and the way they were presented are what really make them stand out. Tira's boots were made by the dwarves of the isle of iron for that "One elf who's nay all ugly", and were presented to her by a dwarven general who'd developed a bit of a crush on her. Watching him try to stammer his way through presenting them to her makes me smile every time I think about it. The boots also have a fun RP property. They kind of massage her feet and take away some of the stress of all that walking about the islands. Sometimes it's the little RP hooks like that which really make an item memorable. (and Tira's gotten a LOT of RP out of the boots, believe me) :mrgreen:
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and Dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ~Robert Heinlein

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:53 am

Servers are down so i cant log in as bryn to get screen shot ;) so no kama yet
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde