Plants - From the Player Idea Box

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

silverdragon
Lost One
Lost One

Plants - From the Player Idea Box

Post by silverdragon » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:12 pm

demonlady wrote:Might be an idea to add a floaty text like 'Taking all roots you destroy the plant' whenever someone takes all roots, causing the plant to disappear, when gathering ingredients.

I have been told on other worlds that plants don't respawn ingredients unless everything is taken (this could be incorrect, this could have changed because I was told this a loooooooooong time ago). I've looked around for an OOC explanation of how Arkaz plants respawn, but couldn't find an exact answer. So, as a clueless offworlder who is guilty of herbicide once or twice, I must ask:

Is it ok to leave ingredients on a plant? Will the plant refill so the next person isn't stuck with just one leaf or flower?

If you kill a plant, will it respawn elsewhere like ore veins do? Or should killing a plant be absolutly avoided?

ForsakenPlague
Team Member; Retired with honors

Re: Plants - From the Player Idea Box

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Terror might correct me on this, but I believe the below is accurate.

1. It's alright to leave ingredients on a plant. The plant will refill, and I believe it will do so faster than if you remove all ingredients.

2. If you 'kill' a plant, it will respawn like ore veins do. Regardless of whether they respawn or not, to 'kill' a plant is an IC(In Character) choice, and doesn't break any OOC(Out of Character) rules.**

**We cannot guarantee a dire badger won't try to gnaw your ankles off, though.

Greg-Pooh
Head DM
Head DM

Post by Greg-Pooh » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Also, I believe the total respawn time is shorter if the entire plant doesn't have to respawn. (However, the hardcore crafters may argue that the extra root you get from killing it goes a long way towards offsetting the extra respawn time.) I'm not anal enough to have personally tested this. :mrgreen:
"If you don't like yourself you can't like other people." ~Robert Heinlein

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:39 pm

ForsakenPlague wrote:Terror might correct me on this, but I believe the below is accurate.

1. It's alright to leave ingredients on a plant. The plant will refill, and I believe it will do so faster than if you remove all ingredients.

2. If you 'kill' a plant, it will respawn like ore veins do. Regardless of whether they respawn or not, to 'kill' a plant is an IC(In Character) choice, and doesn't break any OOC(Out of Character) rules.**

**We cannot guarantee a dire badger won't try to gnaw your ankles off, though.
Greg-Pooh wrote:Also, I believe the total respawn time is shorter if the entire plant doesn't have to respawn. (However, the hardcore crafters may argue that the extra root you get from killing it goes a long way towards offsetting the extra respawn time.) I'm not anal enough to have personally tested this. :mrgreen:
They're both correct.

ForsakenPlague
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Victory!

PC++

SandyMoonCat
Lost One
Lost One

Post by SandyMoonCat » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:32 pm

"Sure, go ahead, kill all the plants you want. Take more then you strictly need. Dertmore will never get persnickety with you, never."

Personally I find it better to leave the last bit, because if I'm crafting, I'll be bothering those plants again the same night... and that way they come back much faster.