What will you spend tokens on?

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Re: What will you spend tokens on?

Post by Zombie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Oooooo. Just noticed "mighty" has been added to the list and 7 tokens for Mighty 10 is a good deal! I will have to hope E can earn some tokens now!

Still.... its no Mighty 15 :P
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 am

4. An upgrade will cost 50% of the existing value of the item (rounded up) plus the value of the new property(s) to be added. i.e. If a sword has +2 Enhancement (value of 1 on the chart) and 1d6 Fire (value of 5 on the chart) and a player would like to add Keen to the weapon it would cost 7 tokens: The existing value cost is 1 for the enhancement bonus + 5 for the D6 fire * 50% = 3; The new property value for Keen is 4 for a total of 7.
Am I reading this right?
To upgrade a bow +3 (4 tokens) 5 mighty (2 tokens) to mighty 10 (7 tokens) costs:
(4+2)/2= 3 +7 =10

But bow +3 (4t) 7 mighty (4t) to get to mighty 10 costs:
(4+4)/2 = 4 +7 = 11

an bow +3 (4t) 9 mighty (6t) to get to mighty 10 costs:
(4+6)/2 = 5 +7 = 12

Which means its actually hindering me if a nice DM offers to bump up my bow's mighty for me as I will just have a harder time saving tokens for the next increment? I guess the price you pay for getting the benefit of a small increase right now is it costs more tokens long term to get what you want.
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

Zandel2
DM
DM

Post by Zandel2 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:00 pm

You are not, any time you increase an existing value, the cost is the difference between the cost of the initial vale and the new value, plus the upgrade uplift. So the calculation would be as follows-

To upgrade a bow +3 (4 tokens) 5 mighty (2 tokens) to mighty 10 (7 tokens) costs:
(4+2)/2= 3(the upgrade uplift) +5(the difference in cost between mighty +5 and mighty +7) = 8