The loss of a friend

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Greg-Pooh
Head DM
Head DM

The loss of a friend

Post by Greg-Pooh » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:15 am

Those of you who have had pets know the joy they bring, and you may know the sadness of loosing one.

Today, Lynn and I had to have Titania, our friend and companion of eleven years, put to sleep. Her illness came on suddenly and caught us unprepared to deal with her loss. She brought us many years of joy. Her appearance was even the inspiration for Tira's cat form. She will live on in our memories. She will be missed.

If you happen to be prayerful, please remember us in your prayers. If you are not, please take a moment to send a thankful thought to the universe for the people and creatures in your life who bring joy to your days. Take a moment to express your love to those around you. You never know when they will be taken from you.

Greg.
"If you don't like yourself you can't like other people." ~Robert Heinlein

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Re: The loss of a friend

Post by Chris_Robin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:25 am

My little fluffy girl. I miss her.
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure

3DWarrior
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by 3DWarrior » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:58 am

I'm so sorry, Lynn, Greg, I'll be praying for you guys.

3D

Zandel2
DM
DM

Post by Zandel2 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 am

One of the most difficult things I have ever had to do and deal with *Sends hugs*

Zerub
DM
DM

Post by Zerub » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Sorry to hear of the loss. We have a dog that my son got for his 3rd B-day. She is 12 now and I am afraid she will not make it through the next year. It will be a killer on my wife and kids when I have to have her put down. :(

If you all are really big animals lovers, I would suggest getting a new friend in the family! :) Preferably a large bulldog type that slobbers everywhere and you can name it Zerub! ;) In all seriousness though, I would not be without a pet.

Hope all gets better.

Scott

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:51 pm

We have two other furry felines. Oberon and Puck. So getting another cat at the moment is right out unless I really want to be called a Crazy Cat Lady. :mrgreen:

Zerub
DM
DM

Post by Zerub » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:07 pm

I'll have to join in here in the loss of a friend. The day finally came (points to his post above). She went fast and since yesterday was Sunday, I could not take her to be put to sleep. The kids got to say there goodbye though as did I. Don't think she was ever in pain, but I could tell she just was not happy anymore.

It was such a beautiful afternoon after church, that I carried our out to lay in the sunlight which she loved to do and I laid there in the grass for about an hour and a half beside her hoping she would go to sleep then and not wake up since I could really tell it was about time.

It has been a sad weekend for us all, but I got up this morning at 5:00am to dig her grave and we actually had quick memorial for here which seemed to really help put the kids at ease. :) Yeah...some probably think I am crazy, but I have learned through the years, you will pretty much do about anything for your kids. ;)

My daughter made the comment yesterday while crying "She has always been here. I don't ever recall a time without her." Which is true since my daughter is only 2 months older than our dog Annie was. Definitely a tough weekend, but hopefully the kids get over it soon.

Scott

Moonyju
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Moonyju » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:02 pm

*big squeezies*

My thoughts are with you and yours, Scott. That's always a sad day.

My over-affectionate orange furball that calls himself a cat is 11 years old and well. And though I often say I won't have another cat after my Shrekky (at least not right away), I'll definitely miss the soothing purr of a cat sleeping in my lap.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:39 pm

I know what it's like. Shortly after we lost Miss T, I lost my Oberon of 15 years. He was my big furry tabby love and he went in my arms. Now all we have is the Puck and he is fine. Being totally silly of course.

HUGS and love you and your family. It never gets easier to loose a beloved friend.