Bazaar Suggestions

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Zerub
DM
DM

Bazaar Suggestions

Post by Zerub » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:32 am

If anyone has any suggestions, comments or anything else about the Bazaar, please place them here or let the team know. This was our first of hopefully many to come. We would always like to do it better next time.

Scott

Tel
Lost One
Lost One

Re: Bazaar Suggestions

Post by Tel » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm going to start out with saying a BIG rave for the team. You guys did help to carry the bazaar while there were few players online.

Personally I prefer Auctions wait until the second/third day of the fair. If there are items which will be placed on the block this gives a lot of people reason to sell things they might otherwise keep, to try and have the cash for the bid they would like to place. It also keeps people around mingling since some disperse as soon as the auctions are over.

I understand a lot of the seats are adjusted to be looking toward the auction area, but that does leave it very awkward when there isn't an auction going on. It also seemed like everyone wanted to stand up for that part (don't ask me why, I was sitting when I got there).

Additionally with seats, the set of couches and chairs at the entrance is difficult to get to. Maybe move the chairs a smidge further back to let auto-pathing get you in there. A player can get stuck behind the the chairs in a stall as well, depending on how they get up, and be rather stuck behind it!

If you guys have the scripts for the collapsible stools... those would be really nice to have as well to sit where and face where you'd like!

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Unfortunately, we do not have the scripts for the Avlis stools. We have just enough of the script to allow them to work for individuals who already have them, but we do not have the full script or item.
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure

3DWarrior
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by 3DWarrior » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:30 pm

1. Delay the auctions to the last day, perhaps early Sunday so most time zones can be awake for it.

2. Tel does have a point in that there is too much auction seating. If you have too much empty space after removing benches, you could always add some shark tanks!(... to throw Bymund in)

3. The names above the stalls is an amazing touch. It might be nice to have that same sign, or perhaps a smaller(Narrow, alongside the door?) one outside the stall as well in case the door is closed, etc.

4. A "Grubbins Port" bank. This wouldn't necessarily have to be inside the bazaar, but a bank(Connected to the one on Nuvar) in Grubbins might be nice.

5. An alternative exit on the opposite side of the bazaar, or perhaps on one of the sides.

Suggestions aside, the place is great, the bazaar was fun, and I'm really thankful to all that went into it; thanks!

3D

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Chris_Robin wrote:Unfortunately, we do not have the scripts for the Avlis stools. We have just enough of the script to allow them to work for individuals who already have them, but we do not have the full script or item.
Yes we do. It's in the palette, along with bedrolls and tents that function the same way.

Akai
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Akai » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:30 am

I'd like to see the auctions on a posted schedule, and rather than one scheduled auction after another, have them several hours apart, so that people have a few points at which to gather during each day, and intervals for chatting and shopping between, rather than one long session; and people on different timezones have a better chance to catch one. (Unscheduled auctions could still take place between.)