Send the Mojo...

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Naever
Team Member; Retired with honors

Send the Mojo...

Post by Naever » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:20 pm

Well, we have had the last Q&A before "The Day".

Between 8am and 10 am (CST/-5 GMT) 8/10/2006, Karol (medea) and I will find out if we are among the "Cut". The company is "financially restructuring" (gotta love the PC-speak) and a few hundred of us are going to be cut.

Send the Mojo along people! Think happy thoughts, roll the dice and/or pray to whatever you call the Divine.

However this shakes out, I am sure we wiill be fine, but Mojo never hurts the causality in my viewpoint. And hey...if we DO get cut...

Think of all the playtest time I can have!!!

Sigh

Alphonse

Post by Alphonse » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:44 pm

Mojo sent :D
*creater / destroyer of worlds*

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:26 pm

Best of luck you you both on this. I know from personal experience just how trying it can be and would never wish it on anyone else. I truly hated those three years of not knowing you would have a job from week to week.

kazlaan
Location: *on the dark side...and lost somewhere in the real world....*

Post by kazlaan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:23 am

*more Mojo sent*

good luck :D

Naever

Post by Naever » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:34 pm

Well...It's over...

I'm safe and employed --> :D

Karol isn't...--> :cry:

Luckily the severance is good (5 months) and Karol already has a few options for future employment. Today we get to shop for interview stuff. My...boss...gave me the day off to be with Karol. Nice guy.

Overall, the company appears to have cut just over 10%, out of roughly 2800 employees. Could have been worse. Looks like the management took the heaviest hit over the reps, my department losing 5 of 7 managers but only 4 employees out of 50.

Somehow I remain unsure if I am happy about staying or not. On one hand, I'm employed. That's good. On the other hand, I am increasingly becoming irritated with the company, so being "cut" and getting 5 months severance while job hunting would have been nice.

Oh well, I should not complain. It could have been worse. Only a few friends were cut and I got sniffly only once.

Thanks for the Mojo. Considering I was giving myself a 70% chance to be cut, it appears to have helped.

(PS-Xaila...I watched my spelling just for you...Grammer, can't do much with what I really never grasped to well...Hee)