Sad News

Yes it says General which means just that.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

einnoc
Lost One
Lost One

Re: Sad News

Post by einnoc » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Im sorry to hear that , my condolances.
He will be missed.
Rest In peace

Scarlet Firefly
unknown

Post by Scarlet Firefly » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:48 pm

I have no words for my feelings, but....
our deepest thoughts and condolences to the family from my husband and I.

We knew Sonja from before she got her wings.

Dae was also one of the first to welcome me back after 6 years of absence. I will miss all our talks we have had ever since.

He will be deeply missed....

Zerub
DM
DM

Post by Zerub » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:00 am

terryrayc wrote:sigh,

I will miss the many talks I had with him over the years. He wrote me a few weeks ago with a heads up but didn't know it would be this quick. It's a sad day and Charlie will be missed. I don't know what else to say except I wish we had more time with him.
Well said Terry. I will miss him tremendously. Not just for IG stuff, but mostly for OOC talks. I SOOO much enjoyed talking with him about a bit of everything. Never thought it would upset me like this over someone that I don't really know in Real Life. I have already thought a couple of times that i would log to look for Mya and then realize I will never do that again. :(

Just wish I could at least say goodbye.

Scott

Rudiki
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Rudiki » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:30 pm

When Akai brought me this news I couldn't believe it. I remember Lexy flirting with Sonja when they first met years ago, and recently of course plotting with Mya to save Nuvar from the latest threat, and so many moments in between. It is indeed tough to know what to say when faced with something so awful. I didn't know the player in "real life", but he was valued by this community, and his contributions and the fun we had will be remembered. My most sincere condolences to the people who loved him; I know what you're going through and it sucks. Please know we are grieving with you, and wishing you strength and love to get through this terrible time.

BrunoKnotslinger
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by BrunoKnotslinger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:20 pm

I know that this is several months too late, but I just logged back into the forums today to poke around and I saw this. This is very sad indeed, and casts a long shadow. Dae's role play and commitment to immersion was rivaled by few, which is one of the highest compliments I could pay anyone in this community. I've said it far too many times lately: This getting old shit sucks.

~ Bruno

Chastened Phoenix
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Chastened Phoenix » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:29 pm

I know I'm late to this.
However, I do remember Dae from my time on Avlis a decade ago.

Her player's death is a loss to us all. :(
Ideas I try to hold to:
K Popper Scientific Method
https://youtu.be/-X8Xfl0JdTQ
Epistemic Responsibility
https://youtu.be/AYkhlXronNk
Tried to find a quote, but nothing was short enough!

I'm not a bad guy, I just ask more questions than many toddlers...