Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Re: Player's Idea Box

Post by Zombie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:07 am

Two Ideas

Some way to give equipment to summons to use. Like how a fairy familiar has a dagger, you could give other familiars some equipment like rings and gloves to use. Pale Master summons could get that as well, along with Paladin mounts if implemented. It has always annoyed me when I cant buff Maliks summons because they aren’t holding a weapon and I think it would be fun to have his mummy wear plate armor!

The way I would imagine it working is spell hooking along with a modified version of the persistent creature code from Hala. You would enter a conversation where you nominate equipment to use. The equipment is removed from your character and stored in a database. It is then loaded onto the summon each time it is called.

No idea how that would work, but yeah, something I think about.

The tokens that are found should ‘stack’ for potency. So when you find a bulls token it will combine with other bulls tokens to create a token with a higher caster lv. I just sell the vast majority of those tokens, but if the caster lv were higher they would be much more desirable. High caster lv tokens could even be used in crafting.
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

Adament
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by Adament » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:25 am

I like idea #2. It seems the tokens are underutilized but that may just be my perception. Some sort of device that can be charged with them and the more you use the high level it casts might be nice.

Adament
My RP strategy for playing a low wisdom character is to basically just be myself.

luminance
Master Sage
Master Sage

Post by luminance » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:42 am

As a player the summon idea sounds awesome. I'm not sure it's balanced or feasible but I like it in a very unhelpful way.

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 am

Well, what if the same basic idea was applied to potions as well and perhaps even scrolls?

Where if you collect 3 of the same you can put them into the machine and it spits out another consumable with a caster LV of 1 higher than the highest lv one used, up to lv 20.

So for example you feed the machine 3 potions of haste (default CL 5 I think) you get back 1 potion of haste at CL6. You feed it that potion and 2 more normal ones and get back a potion with CL7

I know I would be saving throw away buff potions and tokens if I could get he CL up to a more potent level.
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.

Tiramisu
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Tiramisu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:45 am

maybe two or three lesser tokens make a greater token of the same type? That might be more doable. I think with the way the items work now that we'd have to make a new token for every different level of effect. The item system isn't always as flexible as we'd like it to be, sadly.

Some of the greater tokens are really nice. It'd totally be worth trading in a few lesser ones for some of the greater ones.
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and Dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ~Robert Heinlein

Tiramisu
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Tiramisu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:55 am

Here's my pipe dream. Something like this would have to be done Copap wide, and I'm not holding out real hope for it. However, this is the idea box so, here's my idea:

Avlis already has some things in place that give 40th level characters something to look forward to. One of the things I've always found slightly demotivating is loosing that advancement goal when I reach 40th level. I know there's lots of other things to do, and I DO love the RP. It's just nice to have something out on the horizon to work for. It helps keep things interesting.

I know that it is possible to make characters higher than 40th level. What I'd really like to see is something like a once a year thing for max level characters. I think it would be cool if they could level up past 40th, even if it was only 1 level per year. I'd make it cost a lot (like 100,000xp times number of years played) so, 41st level would cost 100,000xp. 42nd, 200,00.. etc. It'd be almost like a badge of honor "Hey, I've been here 3 years, look, I'm 43rd level." One or two levels when you're that high up aren't going to make a huge difference in power level, but there's always that one feat you really wanted, or that skill, or maybe you want to change the spells you're stuck with, whatever.

I don't think something like this would have gotten off the ground a few years ago, but let's face it, NWN is no spring chicken. As the game and the PW's attached to it age, I think we can afford to stretch our wings a little bit and try newer ideas to keep things fresh.

Anyway, that's my pipe dream. (says the person who only has two characters in all of CoPaP) :wink:
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and Dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ~Robert Heinlein

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:48 am

ive thought about that sort of thing too. What if you cloud by extra feats with xp?

Adament
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by Adament » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Yep, I've thought of this one too. I have even been thinking of asking for an extra feat as part of dm rewards or turning in my tokens, etc. Maybe even skill points in that one skill you wish you had just a little more. I know it wouldn't come cheap but would be doable. I know you can permanently alter stats and skills points, avlis has a quest that does just this, and it must not be to hard to implement because it happens in game while you are playing and doesn't require dm, it's scripted.

Adament
My RP strategy for playing a low wisdom character is to basically just be myself.

Kali
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Kali » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:31 pm

I suspect the Avlis questswork by adding a bonus to you player hide item. I think if you alter the actual stats of your character then it becomes invalid when checked by the server and you get booted. Or at least thats what im told when I ask for a point in UMD for Belinde :D

Tiramisu
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Tiramisu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Kali wrote:I suspect the Avlis questswork by adding a bonus to you player hide item. I think if you alter the actual stats of your character then it becomes invalid when checked by the server and you get booted. Or at least thats what im told when I ask for a point in UMD for Belinde :D
That's what I thought too. One of the reasons I suggested just letting people take an extra level was to avoid those pesky "Invalid Character" errors.