Player's Idea Box

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

thetamlyone
Wise One
Wise One

Re: Player's Idea Box

Post by thetamlyone » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:40 pm

I don't play Thralia as much as I want to for that very reason. When I have time to play and no one is on, do I get out the character who will be advancing levels or the one who has maxed out? Usually, I'm going to want to accomplish something. Then when others log in....well, I'm already on as someone else. But if there were some more incentive for lvl 40's to play, we might have a richer IG experience because they have a lot of story behind them by that time.

One thing that I was thinking about is cookies of a different flavor. Not for events obviously, but would it be practical for a random DM driveby crafting xp cookie? or artificing? or mining? or whatever? I am currently trying desperately to stay motivated to have Thralia learn to craft here, but it's so hard. She was a master in Avlis, and here she can't make apple juice reliably. So I would give anything for some crafting xp.....just an idea. :) If I take her back to Avlis to make things, it tends to be a while before I can get her back to Arkaz.....

Vashalgrim
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Vashalgrim » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:46 pm

I would like to see things like Glowmoss Distillate be able to be stacked to 30 like Grainshot.

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Friendship Bracelet Reward

Thinking about rewards for the various quests offered by the townsfolk. The idea I have is for the first quest to have the usual reward as well as a friendship bracelet. Each additional quest has its normal reward as well as adding a charm to the bracelet. The bracelet works in one of two ways:

1. Is a wearable item. Each charm adds to appraisal so that as the character completes more quests and helps out around the town, their reputation increases and the merchants give them a better deal.

2. A script checks for the presence of the item when a merchant store opens. The character gets a price improvement as decided by the script.

The idea being that as a character helps people out, word gets around and some of the merchants may give them a better deal. Could be quite a bit of work involved though.
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:27 pm

Catchup. In the future I'll be replying directly in posts :)

1) Summons: This is unlikely to happen in the near future for various reasons (one of which includes whether or not mummies should actually be able to wear plate mail.)

2)Tokens: Some of the tokens already have a use IG other then using or selling. Others will have a new use soon.

3) Levels beyond 40: This is a CoPaP issue and not a Arkaz-specific one. It is unlikely to be implemented in the near future.

Some players have mentioned wanting a specific feat or more skill points. I suggest asking for a bonus feat or those extra skill points on your items using DM tokens (i.e. try asking for a bonus to discipline, spellcraft, etc.) This will not allow a character to use untrained skills (such as UMD or perform).

4) Drive by Crafting XP is not likely to happen at this time. One thing to note is that we actually have a great deal of new crafting things that can be crafted that are unique to Arkaz... try it and see!

5) Crafting items that are already stackable (like glowmoss) won't be edited to be stacked in larger (and heaver) amounts. Please let me know if there's something that seems like it ought to be stackable but isn't...

6) An item that improves to aid appraisal would be interesting... I'll look into it.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks for the updates Ronan!

I didnt think giving gear to summons would be a done thing, but it doesnt mean I dont think it would be cool! (has his player hat on)

Regarding crafting, one idea that was given for Hala crafting is the idea of having some crafting ranks 'cross credit' on other worlds. Say for example half of your ranks on a different world counted on Arkaz. I can see this sort of thing being a serious pain implementation wise though as the ranks arent stored centeraly and arent atached to your bic im guessing.
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Post by Tremayne7 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:45 am

*self promoting plug* Check out the latest craft on Arkaz when the servers come back up! :mrgreen:

I do actually have an idea. I'd like to see some of the houses around labeled with like the names of town folk. That doesn't mean a builder has to make an interior, just it would be nice to see where the merchants live and so forth. Just to give the towns some more "flair".
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:03 am

Some of the houses already are labeled.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Vashalgrim
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Vashalgrim » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Would it be possible to have some way to only knock someone out? There are times when it would be handy to just knock out an NPC and then question them. I know there have been times where I would have preferred to knock an NPC out, but ended up killing them instead.

Adament
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by Adament » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Dm's often allow players to knock out npcs. Usually it requires the player sending a tell to the dm saying your intentions and making a few rolls. Just send a tell to the dm when you wish to try something that is not allowed by the game engine. Without the presence of a dm I don't think there is any code that allows this.

Waas

When attempting to knock someone out with dm present the npc often gets inadvertently killed. When this happens it's not a big deal for the dm to respawn the npc and everyone go on as if the npc was not killed.
My RP strategy for playing a low wisdom character is to basically just be myself.

Tel
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Tel » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:10 pm

On-hit effect weapons
DC's 10~14
% chance 10~100%
rounds 1~4

*pulls some effects / weapons that i know exist in CoPaP from memory/a quick P.merchant search*
Sleep (Slumberstar ... DC 14 50%/2rnds)
Daze (Oak Quarterstaff ... DC 14 50%/2rnds, Fegallish Handaxe ... DC 14 5%/5rnds)
Fear
Silence
Stun
Slow (Blood Rust Axe ... DC 14 50%/2rnds + other stuff)
Doom (??? Kama ... DC 14 50%/2rnds)
Confusion

No Damage + on-hit Cure Light Wounds! great for killing undead or healing your allies (beats out unlimited uses per day by a long shot)

While +10 Keen Vorpal Inner Planner Falcions are cool and all, there are some times when being able to incapacitate an enemy via their failed save can help greatly in a fight (for non-strong solo-melee build PCs).

Some on-hit weapons are in the works. - Ronan