Player's Idea Box

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Akai
Hala DM
Hala DM

Re: Player's Idea Box

Post by Akai » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 pm

The Legion should buy and sell all housing supplies. If there are any housing or crafting supplies people want to buy/sell and the Legion isn't, catch Aericonte or Carar and ask. (Extra points if you can catch Casey!)

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:05 am

A NPC would have the advantage that it'd be there to stay even if players leave for whatever reason though.

And I'd never manage to catch Carar anyway.
Nor do I think I know Casey :D

Tel
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Tel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:40 pm

The chests in Grubbins port for the trade event have issues properly displaying wands. The item name appears properly, and they do sort themselves into different stacks based on remaining charges, however when you examine the item, most of the usual information (description, picture etc) is missing. This is a problem with both Arkaz and Avlis wands. It would be nice if for future trade events these displayed them properly like merchants.

The chests also have a default of 400 squares, while you can pay to upgrade a chest, since it is a temporary chest it would be nice if the cost was reduced a bit (50,000 for another 200 squares!.... on a 5,000g rental)

And one final change, it would be nice to be able to extend your rental ... rather than lose it at 5 days, much like an inn-room

Zandel2
DM
DM

Post by Zandel2 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm

The chests also have a default of 400 squares, while you can pay to upgrade a chest, since it is a temporary chest it would be nice if the cost was reduced a bit (50,000 for another 200 squares!.... on a 5,000g rental)
This was not our desired behavior, we have discussed resolution team side and we want to have all the chests expanded to full. unfortunately this can only be done by the renter, so DMs will be working with the renters to drop gold on them to expand the chests fully out. Characters that all ready paid will be reimbursed. Thank you for your cooperation

mhogar
Head Builder / DM
Head Builder / DM

Post by mhogar » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Tel wrote:however when you examine the item, most of the usual information (description, picture etc) is missing.
Fixed

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:24 pm

One of the problems I faced when collecting for a world construction project was meeting up with the collector IG. Prior to the advent of the donation system for housing it could only be done by meeting with the collector and handing the items over to them or a DM. This becomes a problem when the donator and collector may be a half dozen plus hours apart IRL or days available to play. For example Sonja is on Nuvar with about 120 plus granite blocks to donate. Can the existing housing script accomidate the ability to donate? An example of a collection event is below.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9296

Could this player create a new character called something like "Shrine Collection" and this account be used by the team to set up the required materials under this account? This character could later be deleted from the server vault once the quantities were reached.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Usually for a "world" event collection, a PC or NPC is set up as the collection point. Or it should be. That way we (the DM and Team) and monitor how much is collected and move to add the item in question.

DL/Mogh/Brayon? Any further input?
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:37 pm

A quick check of the Housing Menu shows the player hasn't registered for shrine building. Once the Player either talks to the housing authority, or a DM hits them with the wand for a shrine, the current system should be good for dropping stuff off.

As this is Demonlady's plot, I'll let him say if he wants it another way. :-)

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:26 pm

Still need to hit Dasair with the wand but RL ambushed me a bit with illness and keeping me busy.
Anyone other DM who sees him IG can do so though.

Kali
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Kali » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 am

I can smack him with a wand IC but he wont like it.