Player's Idea Box

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Vashalgrim
Wise One
Wise One

Re: Player's Idea Box

Post by Vashalgrim » Sun May 13, 2012 3:59 am

Is it possible to have PC merchants give discounts to special individuals? I know NPC merchants you get the whole reaction thing when you first talk to them and it changes prices slightly. I was curious if there would be a way give people "preferred customer" status, and give them a discount.

For example if John the PC Merchant from the Legion Supply Depot, could give Legion members a discount when shopping there. Maybe have it recognize the legion guild hall key?

Vashalgrim
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Vashalgrim » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Would it be possible to have a npc static quest reset option...or at least a "what am I supposed to do again" option.

Greg-Pooh
Head DM
Head DM

Post by Greg-Pooh » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:38 pm

My limited understanding of scripting leads me to believe that this would require the updating of each quest on a conversation by conversation basis. File under "Possible, but time consuming"

On a related note: Anyone wishing to volunteer as a scripter or a builder should please contact the Arkaz Team. Thanks! :mrgreen:
"If you don't like yourself you can't like other people." ~Robert Heinlein

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:06 pm

If quests can get converted to the new system you'd have handy dandy data like that in your journal. Most of the ones that don't have this are the older quests.

Vashalgrim
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Vashalgrim » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:56 am

Is it possible to add another option for DM tokens? As I am crafting there are certain recipes that are frustrating because I feel like I have tried everything (obviously I haven't) and cannot find the last component. Would it be possible to have the option as a player to turn in a dm token per ingredient request? Obviously when sending in the request the player should list what they already know or are pretty sure are in fact ingredients.

Oxyne
unknown

Post by Oxyne » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Mark the informative journal entries (rules, systems, etc) as solved. Today they are "quests", along with the other real quests and share the same tab. There is another journal tab for solved quests that is always empty.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm

There is a script available on Toloria which does just that, but it has not been implemented to all three servers. I think it involves a minor tweek to the current quests on the other servers, but Terror is the best one to answer the ins and outs of it. :D
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure

SteveMaurer
Informed One
Informed One

Post by SteveMaurer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:31 am

Is it possible to add the ability to grind any size gem, cut or not, into dust? Right now, the way the system is set up, if you are good at gemcutting it is actually hard to make dust, because you have a greater chance to get larger gems that you can't grind up. Kind of counter-intuitive.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:07 am

To actually respond to two points brought up here...

Vashalgrim, I'll see if the DM team wish to do that and put it up for discussion.

Steve, excellent suggestion. I'll take a look at it.
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure

Flowera
unknown

Post by Flowera » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:07 am

Can the hamlet fire be made into a trashcan as well? I know there's one right by the gate but I am just SO LAZY and I want to emote burning books in front of wizards while I trash them