Player's Idea Box

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Alphonse
Team Member; Retired with honors

Player's Idea Box

Post by Alphonse » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:31 pm

Feel free to post any suggestions for the team in this thread, so we can find all the ideas easily.
*creater / destroyer of worlds*

kazlaan
Team Member; Retired with honors
Location: *on the dark side...and lost somewhere in the real world....*

Post by kazlaan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:35 pm

Merchant who sells healing supplies ;)

*runs away and hides*

As the crafting systems get implemented it, it will become possible to craft your own healing supplies. We are still in Beta. It should go in soon - Alphonse

Some npcs that sell items are in, however players can now craft most kits and some potions, soon all potions and kits will be craftable - Terry

Fifty
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Fifty » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:10 pm

+5 Vorpal blades for all beta testers.

We ~COULD~ do that. But then we'd have to do a vault wipe. sound fair? - Alphonse

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:07 am

Gauntlets for a monk would be nice, even without any enchantment what so ever. That is if the spell hooking is in place.

magic weapons are on my to do list for tonight, but I'd forgotten about monk gloves. Thanks for the reminder - Alphonse

*grins* Nice gloves

Added some nice monk gloves to the craftable items list - Terry
Last edited by Daemona on Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:54 am

As there are no potions that can be purchased. Could the cleric in the temple be scripted similar to those in Avlis to provide healing that would not only restore XP but remove level/attribute drain? This came up IG when my character was attribute drained and rest did not remove the effect.

already done. Added that last night :D - Terry

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:40 pm

Are there plans to add a forum for "Character Journals"?

Yes. well there are plans now :) - Alphonse

Thanks Al, you are the man. Already used it. :D

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:36 pm

You guys are implementing changes and enhansements at an unbelievable pace. This one is more or less something that may or may not work. Are P-Chests on the list for implementation? The reason I am asking is not for personal use but more a component type chest that people could share and drop off thing for storage for community use. As Islands is not a profit based world where players can amass gold but more like a family, I thought that a chest where characters could drop off what they collect for current and future use may work here.
The standard p-chest would be almost useless as it would fill in no time unless certain components were made stackable and that would only delay the overfill by a short time. In the ACE guild the chests are the infinite chests which would be about the only one that would be of use in this type of venture.
Even the standard chest would be good for finished products though such as potions or healing kits, even outdated armor or weapons.

EDIT - yes we can do that. And inns are on the to do list too - Alphonse
Done - Terry

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:26 pm

*looks up in the post and sees her ID a lot, hopes the team does not percieve her as a complainer*

Just another unimportant suggestion. The rentable rooms came on line yesterday and I am going to keep an eye on the p-chest. Did not put anything of importance in there.
The suggestion is not so much for the Black Swan as there are only four rooms available. But if the taverns get bigger with more rooms you may want to consider marking the outside of the rooms with a standard or sign to indicate the room number. Like I said not important and if this is the worst thing I see then you guys miss nothing.

*wonders if can banning Sonja from all the inns will resolve this* :P Shouldn't be a problem - Alphonse
yah we will - Terry

Kieron
unknown

Post by Kieron » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:58 pm

a variety of weapons? want to RP trying some out before murakami selects his favored weapon. things like halberds, two handed swords, axes, war hammer, flail, etc would be nice....

as it stands it is not dissimilar to that OOTS when the weaponsmith doesn't have anything for Roy....

We'll see about adding some more. In the meantime try paging the DM channel when you're in the smith, maybe one us of can help you out - Alphonse

Just FYI, players can craft almost every type of basic and masterwork weapon and armor in the game, some items will never be a standard sellable item from npc vendors, if they were why bother learning to craft them!! - Terry

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:01 pm

Just something to consider for the far off future. The Avlis code for merging a similar item into a holy item or robe. Personally I would prefer my character to always wear their holy items, even in combat. I know you can swtich out before it begins but the idea of always being able to wear it has a certain appeal to me.

We're discussing that in the team forum at the moment - Alphonse