Player's Idea Box

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Dasair
Informed One
Informed One

Re: Player's Idea Box

Post by Dasair » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Sorry about all this. I got held up with RL too, and will continue to be for a while, in all likelyhood. I talked with demonlady about it, so it's already somewhat known, but. I'll make time to hop on and be smacked with a wand when someone's available to do so (feel free to PM me a time, and I'll try to make it), or if I happen to see a DM on.

I didn't know that an NPC could be set up to take things thereonafter, so I had to get some things sorted via PMs first.
Characters: Xsaiav'lairnn Mystrif, Voneira

Tel
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Tel » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:11 am

the Arkaz chest system "shrinks" some items allowing stacks to be replaced with a single 1x1 item for storage space. It would be really nice if the 9 scroll types and 5 wand types (basic crafted only) were added to the system. not that anyone needs 500+ basic scrolls, but not taking up 500 inventory squares would be nice and allow players to keep them!

Greg-Pooh
Head DM
Head DM

Post by Greg-Pooh » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Scroll paper is already 1x1. It might be problematical to make scrolls and wands stackable because of the way modifiers are used on them. The best way to store these things is to get an expandable p-chest so that you can store things by name.
"If you don't like yourself you can't like other people." ~Robert Heinlein

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Rough Gem Merchant

I noticed I have been trashing nearly all the small gems other than the rubies and emeralds. When it comes to gems like Topaz I trash everything that is not giant or large. It seems like such an IC and OOC waste to me as I would imagine a few players may like to experiment a bit with gems. Originally I was thinking bio-merchant but then inventory goes poof on reset and would require players to check constantly. What about a team owned p-merchant that would buy and sell for almost the same price. The existing bio-merchants only pay a few GP for a rough gem but I also know the code requires that the p-merchant takes a cut of the sales price. It is nothing for anyone's profit but to try to make the game a bit easier for some of the players.

Akai
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Akai » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:04 am

Daemona wrote:Rough Gem Merchant

I noticed I have been trashing nearly all the small gems other than the rubies and emeralds. When it comes to gems like Topaz I trash everything that is not giant or large. It seems like such an IC and OOC waste to me as I would imagine a few players may like to experiment a bit with gems. Originally I was thinking bio-merchant but then inventory goes poof on reset and would require players to check constantly. What about a team owned p-merchant that would buy and sell for almost the same price. The existing bio-merchants only pay a few GP for a rough gem but I also know the code requires that the p-merchant takes a cut of the sales price. It is nothing for anyone's profit but to try to make the game a bit easier for some of the players.
The Legion store ought to buy and sell all rough gems, at around a 20% markup. If you find a rough gem that isn't in the store, talk to Aericonte (or put a sample in the donation chest and drop Aericonte a note.)

Lynxface
unknown

Post by Lynxface » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:49 pm

The level 3 Cleric spell "Animate Dead" is now marginally better than the level 6 Cleric spell "Create Undead". I guess it's even worse for wizard/sorcerors. I think this is because "Animate Dead" has been hooked where it let's you choose off a list, while "create undead" is stock, and gives you a pitiful Ghast/Wight/Spectre depending on level. I would love to have the same type of list for "Create Undead" that reflects it's level. A seldom used spell for some and not really a priority by any means but a suggestion none the less. :wink:

- Pekarion

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:13 pm

Could we add the crafting type dye to a merchant on Nuvar. It would be nicer than going off world to buy them.

Akai
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Akai » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Some dyes are sold on another island.

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:21 am

Can we maybe expand the enchantment range of ranged weapons that can NOT be enchanted with Greater Magic Weapon spells to +5 ?
That way those that focus on ranged attack (and are not arcane archers) would be able to increase their ToHit chances too.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:49 am

I really wished that the dyes the merchants sell around Nuvar match our color palate. It's a pain in the rump to have to go to another world and buy something that nearly matches. Especially when dying helms.
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure