Player's Idea Box

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:19 pm

I know the Hamlet is under a state of very active reconstruction and this may already be going into place. So this may be the best time to mention it.

Would it be possible to include a congregation place within say the market place area? Something a little rustic in nature like in the last version of the hamlet that was in a small areas of trees with flowers, a campfire and some logs to sit on. The reason I suggested that area is that it is a major crossroads to the north and south sections of the island along with how you enter the farms.

Naever
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by Naever » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:47 pm

The area called Old Hamlet can have a place set up. Since the Inn was moved further in-town, the one I set can be removed. The "Claires" building can also be removed. That corner could have a nice placable communal area. Old Hamlet was intended as the social area, for now

Once the other area come online, there will be some areas designed specifically to be "Elf Gates". Places to sit and chat while fishing or whatever...there are, off the top of my tired head, 3 or 4 such areas on the revised island map Terry is reviewing.

If anyone has other ideas, please either note them here, or PM me. The players here have a TON of good RP experience and can provide a decent feedback. ANYTHING is good, little or small. For Nuvar or other islands...

Michiko
Sage
Sage

Post by Michiko » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:32 pm

After speaking Azura about an idea she had concerning the divine casters (Druids, clerics, paladins, rangers), to flesh it out a bit.

Currently we have a Mage's school, which lets anyone who has arcane abilities to join after filling out the requirements. We have the town guard for those who wish to keep peace and protect the town.

So what we were thinking, was some kind of 'medical' school or 'clinic' for those divine powers casters.

A place of study for the priests, paladins and rangers could gather together to help with research of a curative kind. They would togther with the city guard and the mage's tower in helping find ways to protect the population of the city, find means to cure illnesses, diseases and curses.

It could be a location of neutral ground, so those from all walks of life can come to seek help from what ails them (RP wise of course, as I understand anyone can just rest and get over whatever nasty poisons/diseases/status ailments they have).

It would be open to any who can cast divine spells to join, (requirements and rules. I haven't thought of, as this is just a rough draft of an idea right now).

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Michiko wrote:After speaking Azura about an idea she had concerning the divine casters (Druids, clerics, paladins, rangers), to flesh it out a bit.

Currently we have a Mage's school, which lets anyone who has arcane abilities to join after filling out the requirements. We have the town guard for those who wish to keep peace and protect the town.

So what we were thinking, was some kind of 'medical' school or 'clinic' for those divine powers casters.

A place of study for the priests, paladins and rangers could gather together to help with research of a curative kind. They would togther with the city guard and the mage's tower in helping find ways to protect the population of the city, find means to cure illnesses, diseases and curses.

It could be a location of neutral ground, so those from all walks of life can come to seek help from what ails them (RP wise of course, as I understand anyone can just rest and get over whatever nasty poisons/diseases/status ailments they have).

It would be open to any who can cast divine spells to join, (requirements and rules. I haven't thought of, as this is just a rough draft of an idea right now).
This sounds more like a guild. Which is fine. Submit your request with as much detail as you can to staff@arkaz.com
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 pm

On Avlis they have a collapsible stool that when you use the item it drops a useable stool in front of your character. I know it does not work here currently but it made me think a bit. A trip to the beach or on a picnic characters often use a bedroll to represent something to sit or lay on but they do time out. Would it be possible to have something similar listed as a folded blanket that would produce a small rug or something else to use IG that looked like a blanket? When done the character picks it up and it simply reverts back in inventory as the same original item.

pp
unknown

Post by pp » Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Feedback on Grubbin's Port: the area is too large, and the content is spread out through it without any indication of where to find it -- or if it even exists.

Here's my suggestion:

1. Move the NPC captains closer to the transition to the central area, so it becomes clear faster whether or not anything is on a pier.

2. Post a listing of boats/destinations at the center of the port, on each pier, or both. In real life, there probably would be a ship schedule or such. This would be a good thing to have in the game.

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:31 pm

just a little bump here. Over the years players ahve submitted lots of ideas...a lot of them have made it IG. We'd like to continue this trend. as I posted before, I'd like to see players use the Mantis system to submit things they'd like to see IG a good example of this would be:

http://www.arkaz.com/mantis/view.php?id=171

That's a feature request. The nice thing about it is you can track where it is and how the work is going.

Feel free to submit any feature requests you'd like to see....granted not all of them will be included IG but we will post a reason why.

The reason for this is 2 fold. It allows us to better track ideas, and second it allows you the players to track the status on your request.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore

jeathrow
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Re: Player's Idea Box

Post by jeathrow » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:09 pm

I see there is an IG quest for a wooden branch and a copper nugget. I was thinking with all the tile work being done in Nuvar if a small part was left undone with 1 worker to ask for PCs to bring him 1 cut block to aid in the finishing as an IG quest. This would help make the quarry better known for when PCs need to find it to get building materials.
good tactics will always win over sheer numbers

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:43 pm

jeathrow wrote:I see there is an IG quest for a wooden branch and a copper nugget. I was thinking with all the tile work being done in Nuvar if a small part was left undone with 1 worker to ask for PCs to bring him 1 cut block to aid in the finishing as an IG quest. This would help make the quarry better known for when PCs need to find it to get building materials.
I decided to go ahead and finish up Nuvar. But I'm sure we could come up with another quest for the quarry.

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Resurrecting an old dead thread so that any of our newer players know where to go to make suggestions or write down ideas.

We can't promise all ideas or suggestions will get implemented but the only thing worse is not hearing about what you, the players, think about.

If you would rather not post publically then you can always send a PM to "(Team) Team Members" on the right-hand side of your PM window.