Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Zandel2
DM
DM

Re: Requests for DM Assistance

Post by Zandel2 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 pm

To: (Team) Team Members

At around 4:30AM EST my character Stephen Tir'ein who had been exploring and gathering wood on Nuvar suddenly had his shield vanish from his hand with a combat log message of "Lost Item: Runic Shield"

The shield did not appear on the ground as it normally does when dropped, which did occur previously in the night due to an overfilled inventory. His inventory had plenty of open blocks at the time of losing the shield.

The board on which this occurred was Island of Nuvar Northwest Woodlands (with the entrance to the goblin caves) my character was in the extreme south west corner of the board at the time.

The shield in question was a tower shield named Runic Shield with a +1 Strength and +1 Constitution bonus, it may also have had a plus to Concentration, but I cannot recall for certain.

Please let me know if this is an item which can be replaced and if any additional information is required on my part before such a request will be considered. Thank you for your time.
This is sorted

Greg-Pooh
Head DM
Head DM

Post by Greg-Pooh » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Thanks, Zandel!
"If you don't like yourself you can't like other people." ~Robert Heinlein

Zerub
DM
DM

Post by Zerub » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:28 pm

That shield bug bites. I have found that if it happens, you need to get it back in your inventory. Clear space out. Save. Log off and back on before you transition. If you do not do that, a lot of times on the transition, the shield just vanishes as he describes.

Scott

Tel
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Tel » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:04 am

*necro bump detected*

Looking to find a DM to turn in some tokens, just need to know when people are available with the holidays. This weekend I know I will have time Friday evening or Saturday Morning (EST) before my festivities begin, or am generally available weekday evenings after work (no good euro times though *sadface* I miss all the Tragedies)

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:59 am

I'm going to be around on friday during the euro afternoon/evening and saturday during the euro (late) morning/afternoon and gopefully can help you then.

Tel
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Tel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:03 am

Three of us
Crom Magnus (Morlock69), Forum ????
Valin Undry (shrinkraygun), Forum ????
Artemis Hornbow (XBDC1649), Forum Tel

All got stuck in ghost form, with some/all possessions after trying to recover our bodies in the Bugbear Warrens tonight (about 9:50 EST).

I was trying to recover my corpse, got bum rushed by pathing aggressives (because I clicked my corpse and wasn't ghost form anymore) ran off and the server lagged and crashed. I can't say what all I lost, but I know for sure I am missing at least my Res-Rod.

*edit*

I am missing a TON of stuff, including a bag with all my magic items (Ioun Stones, use/day trinkets, some nice helms), at least 2 small bags with misc loot, the Rez Rod... and I can't say what else for sure. It looks like I still have all my general "equipment" but it looks like when everything barfed while loading my body to me I got really messed up. I can say the copy of Artemis that's on Ysgard *should* have nearly everything, because I brought him over to do the Xmas quest, and then turned in my tokens with Demonlady for the upgrade to his plot bow & cloak... if there isn't a more recent option to roll back to.

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:02 am

Do the others miss items as well ?
The Ghost Form a DM probably can fix with a resurrection or such.

I sent a restore request for Artemis to TerryRayC.

Tel
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Tel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:03 pm

Crom's body was behind a locked door (why he was asking for help to get the key), so I suspect everything was on his corpse when it dropped to him after the reset.

Valin was trying to see if we could recover him properly and had not yet reached his corpse when everything went down (I think) so again I think he got everything.

You'd have to try to reach out to them though to know for sure.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Send a PM to Terry to request character restores if need be.
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Valin at least got his body back but was not clear yet if he was missing gear.