Character Restore Request

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Character Restore Request

Post by Tremayne7 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:28 am

Yesterday, I went to log in as Zach and found for some reason my character had reverted back to a much older version. Fortunately, I had gone to Hala recently and so logged into Hala and portaled him back over on the advice of both Samhaim and Gregpooh. I logged back on the Islands server and did a save character. Went on the Legion adventure, got my Roleplayer rewards and logged out. Also saved character again before I logged off.

I just went to log back in and he has again reverted back to the much older version. Can he be restored as of yesterday (1/19/10)? He's showing as a 10th level bard/5th level Dragon Disciple when he should be a 13th level bard/10th level Dragon Disciple.

Character name: Zachary Jor'dre
Gamespy ID: Tremayne7

Thanks!
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Re: Character Restore Request

Post by terryrayc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:47 am

looks like when you portaled you added a second bic file so now you have 2

Code: Select all

235081 Jan 19 20:21 zacharyjor'dre1.bic
304744 Jan 20 00:53 zacharyjor'dre.bic
I'll clear the one that ends in 1 but I'm not sure which one is the good one without trying it first.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:47 am

done.

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Post by Tremayne7 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:31 am

Thank you so much! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Post by Daemona » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Contents deleted

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Post by Tremayne7 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:39 am

Was on Islands earlier Sunday, but not on when it crashed last night. Zach doesn't show up in my vault at all either.

Gamespy ID: Tremayne7
Character: Zachary Jor'dre

Shadi
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Shadi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Hello there!

I did some looking around to make sure this would be an appropriate thread to post to so here goes! umu

I logged on Sunday to first find that my character's hotkeys were messed up, all of her experience was gone, and her race had been changed to half-nymph. Before that, I hadn't logged her since Dec. 8th 2013. I have not moved her offworld at all since she first arrived on Arkaz in October (I don't even know how to or where haha). Of course, I have not attempted hopping her to other world servers because that's not allowed.

I will also point out that when I hopped on with a new character I made recently (sometime early last week, I think?), her race had been changed too. I'm not sure if the two are connected somehow. I'm not so much worried about the new character, as much as I am Nenia.

Here's my information
Character: Nenia De'juun

I have sent PMs with more details. If I can get any help or information, I'd really appreciate it. ;w; Thanks!
Player of Nenia De'juun

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:36 am

restored to saturday 1901 hrs.

Let me know if that fixed it.

Shadi
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Shadi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:05 am

Hi Terry, thanks for the help.

I checked on Nenia again just a bit ago, and she's still broken. ;O;

I sent you a PM-- but I've shared everything that I know in regards to this problem, and not sure what else to do to help. u___u I sent you a PM, and thanks again for your help.
Player of Nenia De'juun

struldbruggian
Lost One
Lost One

Post by struldbruggian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:32 pm

*** UPDATED UPDATE! ***

it looks like i'm gonna need that char restore after all... it seems that Elorwyn, while back to her normal appearance, has picked up a few inherent qualities from her trip to polymorphland, namely she has acquired some kind of damage reduction, immunity to poison, regeneration and increased spell resistance. Tried a few things to try to set it to rights, nothing works. so, please restore the char to before that fateful visit to the chaos queen, i.e., before 10am on March 6, 2014, thanks!

gsid: struldbruggian
character: Elorwyn Luminarem

UPDATE: nevermind, char restore not needed, problem resolved by a clever dm with the dmfi widget! :D

I'm leaving the original request text below, in case anyone else has a similar problem and needs to figure out how to fix it.

ok, here's a weird one...

Elorwyn was in the Chaos Queen dungeon on Nuvar, and died while she'd been polymorphed... she went through the deathplane to Thessala's limbo, returned as a ghost and went to find her corpse... the dungeon however polymorphed her ghost into a chicken, which auto-unequipped her +2 CON enhanced battle bands since chickens don't have 'arms', which dropped her already low hp into bleeding and she died again, before reaching her original corpse...

her ghost now showed up in Thessala's limbo in a polymorphed form of a mephit, i was able to use the unpolymorph option to turn it back into ghost form and returned to my (original) corpse...

however, when i re-corporated from ghost form, it put her into the mephit form, not as a polymorphed mephit, but as if mephit form was her true form, rather than a sun elf...

nothing I tried was able to return Elorwyn to her normal appearance, tried mordekainen's disjunction, resting, repolymorphing and cancelling, dm kill, server hopping, world hopping...

i think the only recourse is to restore the character to anytime before about 10am EST this morning march 6, 2014, please.

thanks, and I hope that solves this bizarre problem!

gsid: struldbruggian
char: Elorwyn Luminarem