Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

fate-amenable
Informed One
Informed One

Re: Character Restore Request

Post by fate-amenable » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Character: Jordan (level 7 druid)
GSID: arcadie

My character's been corrupted -- I can still log-in, but his race has been changed from Changeling to Sun Elf, and his xp was dropped to 1.

Thanks!

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Character: Chase
MSID: BHopper2

Need a restore to last good copy prior to 09/23/2014. Was doing a rebuild, and it went to far.

eggtarts
unknown

Post by eggtarts » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Character: Janine Aegis (Now renamed to Janine STUPID)
GSID: eggtarts

The character was still fine a day ago, tried to log in today and she lost some feats and had wisdom bumped to 38.

Mhog: sorry. I think it was the program that wasnt running and I started again. So it tried to pick up your specialty race request, while you created it offworld. If you havent invested too much in the character then it may be quickest to remake her.

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:30 am

eggtarts wrote:Character: Janine Aegis (Now renamed to Janine STUPID)
GSID: eggtarts

The character was still fine a day ago, tried to log in today and she lost some feats and had wisdom bumped to 38.

Mhog: sorry. I think it was the program that wasnt running and I started again. So it tried to pick up your specialty race request, while you created it offworld. If you havent invested too much in the character then it may be quickest to remake her.
Let me know what you decide, I can do the restore but if it was a new character and something happened with the autobic then it'll have to be remade, the autobic only fires on characters with zero xp.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore

galen_macbyrne
unknown

Post by galen_macbyrne » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:15 am

Hiya, not sure if I need a restore or not:

My PC Slide Toefungus, halfling rogue/ftr/SD, portaled over from Ysgard today to have a look around. Sold a few things, didn't buy anything, just killed a few wandering monsters and such, no dungeoning or quests or bank account etc. Was on Toloira and Nuvar, logged out in Nuvar about 7 PM Eastern US time today. About an hour later (5 minutes ago) tried to log back in, and I don't see him in my vault on any Arkaz server. What to do? If nothing else, I can try to serverhop him back to Avlis with a DM there, if there isn't a fix here.

GSID: galen_macbyrne
PC: Slide Toefungus

Commander Morgan
Apprentice DM
Apprentice DM

Post by Commander Morgan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:22 am

Tested this with a PC was unable to replicate the error. As Slideisnt appearing in the player's vault I can't undominate him here. Suggest asking A is for an unlock and offering token reward on player's return. Anyone else had a similar experience?

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:12 am

I see the bic but it's zero bytes so will need to be recreated.

I went back through a lot of backups and I'm guessing something happened during the portal because the zero byte file existed within the last 3 days worth of backups I looked through. So I'm not sure when the write error or transfer error occurred but it was awhile ago.

I removed the bad file. Let me know when you portal back so I can check and make sure it writes good this time.

struldbruggian
Lost One
Lost One

Post by struldbruggian » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 am

i was on nuvar yesterday when either i crashed or the server hiccuped, not sure which. after waiting a bit, i tried logging back in, it took a bit longer than normal to see the database connect, and when it did, the character i'd been playing, Elorwyn Luminarem, was on the character list, but 'empty' of any information, unlike the other chars on the list. I tried logging her on, and i turned up in the start tent but invisible and with no character information. I think i may need a restore for the character to get her back to rights.

gsid: struldbruggian
char: Elorwyn Luminarem

thanks for your help!

galen_macbyrne
unknown

Post by galen_macbyrne » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:47 pm

terryrayc wrote:I see the bic but it's zero bytes so will need to be recreated.

I went back through a lot of backups and I'm guessing something happened during the portal because the zero byte file existed within the last 3 days worth of backups I looked through. So I'm not sure when the write error or transfer error occurred but it was awhile ago.

I removed the bad file. Let me know when you portal back so I can check and make sure it writes good this time.
OK, Slide was unhopped on Avlis with no problems. I'll try again to make the run over but not till next week, I'm off for vacation. This was the first time this particular PC had come to Arkaz - my other alts have been over plenty - so the write error must have occurred on the 12th, probably on his portal from Grubbins to Nuvar.

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:58 pm

let me know