Player Housing Questions

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Ronan
The One
The One

Player Housing Questions

Post by Ronan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Individuals with questions relating to our player housing guidelines, such as naming of areas, allowed scripts, and pricing, are encouraged to put their questions here. It is my hope that as more questions are asked, we will build up a sort of reference sheet for others who wish to ask the same sort of questions.
Guidelines:
1) This isn't a housing request thread; please continue to PM or e-mail housing requests :D
2) Please allow the current head of housing to answer questions.
3) I'm afraid I can't provide a lot of technical assistance; my best suggestion is to try a building tutorial, google, or see if you can find another player to build the area.
4) You can ask questions relating to our other housing type projects (like shrines or pmerchants) here as well and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Ronan
The One
The One

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Ronan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Frequently Asked Questions

I'd like to add chairs/tables/etc to my house/I'd like to do some renovations, is this possible?
Yes it is. Send the request to housing@arkaz.com and I will send you an erf of your house to work with. Please use the erf, not the original version of the house you sent me.

We allow characters to make 3 updates a year to their house. If you are adding something additional that will cost (such as a Pchest or another floor) please let me know in the request as you will need to gather materials and gold for the addition.

Ronan
The One
The One

Re: Player Housing Questions

Post by Ronan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:08 pm

How close are houses allowed to be to dungeon areas? Also, what qualifies as a "dungeon"? Just an encounter spawn? A small cave with monsters in it? Or does it have to be a full out DUNGEON like ravensclaw or something?
This is sort of something that's approved on a case by case basis depending on the area requested, send me the request and I will look it over. Inside ravensclaw is too close, for example. :lol:
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Post by Tremayne7 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:03 pm

I have a question.

If say a character wanted the lights and fire that turn off and on, you or the building staff would add the scripts for those right? All they would have to do is just build the house or choose the floorplan.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:14 pm

For on/off effects on candelabras or normal fireplaces, we can add the script for that, yeah. Each one is a magical effect. Please make the fire in question usable and write me where it is so I can find it. Otherwise I will never find it and you may end up with the wrong thing usable.

For some other effects we may not already have a script, depending on the thing.

(7/6/2012 Update) You may add zep_onoff or nw_02_onoff to normal candles, fireplaces, and candelabras when creating a custom house in order to make them usable. Both scripts are included in the haks or basic nwn scripting. They should be self-added by the person creating the custom house :D

If requesting a pre-approved script for a special effect which the person building the custom house doesn't have access to you can make a note of it and I will ensure it gets added in. Soon there will be a downloadable erf or module with such scripts for your convenience.

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:26 am

How do I set up a module with the Arkaz content (like Elven Marble Interior tileset) available?

Creating a Custom Area

1) Open the toolset.
2) Create a new module and follow the module creation wizard to make a start area.
This first area doesn't matter, you won't be using it, however, the module can't open without an area, so consider this a dummy area that you don't need later.
3) Go under Edit -> Module Properties.
4) Choose the 'Custom Content' tab.
Add in the haks and tlk. For each hak, you'll have to scroll to it and pick 'add.'
Make sure the custom content matches this exact hak order and that you're using the tlk:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7042#p40872
5) Hit OK and let it build if it requests to do so.
6) Go to Wizards -> Area Wizard, and make an area. If you're doing a one-floor project - the default- I suggest making the area 3x3 (or 2x4). Please name it something other than area001!

If anything is displaying oddly, please check the hak order and tlk and ensure it matches the order on the link provided above. A hak in the wrong place, or a missing tlk, can provide some issues with the module.

To export your house once you're done with it:

0) Before exporting, please remove any attached scripts to objects.... except for the basic sitdown type scripts. Also ensure any containers you want as p-chests are 'usable' so that I can tell where they are. :D
1) Right click on the area you want to export.
2) Choose 'export area.'

If content is included that's not in our mods (such as an added hak) I probably will not be able to open the erf, so please don't include extra content.

For more information on the toolset, consider looking for a building tutorial (there are several on the web and about) or asking for assistance from a fellow player who has done building work before. Unfortunately I don't have the time to offer a lot of technical help.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:41 pm

For IG reasons, I need to have the names on the sign for my house or the name of my store changed.

Yep, we can do that. Send me a PM with the request.

I'd like for my house to be a cave, boat, tiny island, or other unusual request, is this possible?

Please send requests of this nature to me. The team will look over your request and discuss it.

Can my PC work on a house, shrine, and merchant at the same time?

They can, but because your PC can only have one housing account, all the costs will be combined into one, and they will only be put in once all of the projects are done; so my recommendation is either that you just put one request at a time, or that you are willing to wait until you've collected for all of them until they are put in.

orvarg
Wise One
Wise One

Post by orvarg » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:32 pm

heres one ronan
i was just going thru gus's house (check all the placeables are static w/no scripts attached)
it's about the placeable (curved bench) normally only one toon can sit on it (in the middle) but's thiers room for two others easy. would an "invisible object" with only the ZEP_ USECHAIR script attached (to increase seating capacity) be allowed or considered a magical effect?

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:46 pm

The basic sitdown scripts don't count as a magical effect. Feel free to put them on the standard chairs that don't have any sitdown scripts (because Bioware didn't feel like adding them or something) or on invisible objects, or there may be an invisible chair object in the custom section.

I would recommend changing the name of 'invisible chair' or 'invisible object' to something like 'seat' or 'chair'... and please ensure they aren't floating in the air :D

orvarg
Wise One
Wise One

Post by orvarg » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:25 pm

ok ronan will do thanks now peopel can be less anti social in my living room LOL