Password system prevents respawning.

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

luminance
Master Sage
Master Sage

Re: Password system prevents respawning.

Post by luminance » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:55 pm

This link, accessed from the sidebar of the portal page, will list DMs as well as players on all servers.

EST means Eastern Standard time. It sounds like that's your time zone so I'm confused about your question there.

Please use /dm to contact DMs. You have read the rules, right? The very first rule listed states that the shout channel may never be used.

As mentioned, IRC is a great way to get in touch with DMs/players, too. we are on stratics IRC in the room #arkaz.

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:20 am

Everyone, please remember this is ASK THE TEAM. Please take any discussion that is not a question to the General Discussions Area.

Thank You.

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:50 am

Hello there;

Not being able to give the pw command while dying isn't the intended function of the password system.

We will look into a solution and our apologies for any trouble you may be having.

Your best bet for this particular occasion when you wish to log is to contact one of our DMs through IRC; if one is available they may be able to come to your assistance, even if they're not logged at the time. Please have some patience with us; we can't be around all the time as our team position is a unpaid one :D

Please PM me if you have any further questions on the matter.

Ronan
Head Builder

Also, more questions:
Tel wrote:extension to this... can you issue commands while petrified? with permanent petrification this could make you really hard to rescue.
I'm pretty sure bioware petrification is hardcoded in some ways (and acts the same copap-wide), but we can take a look into this.
Kali wrote:Just to be helpful, has anyone from the team contacted Nastr0nd on Hala about the issues? He doesn't have access to this forum so cant offer any suggestions, and may have already fixed these things for Hala.
I'll speak with him, thank you.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Konides
unknown

Post by Konides » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:39 pm

luminance wrote:This link, accessed from the sidebar of the portal page, will list DMs as well as players on all servers.

EST means Eastern Standard time. It sounds like that's your time zone so I'm confused about your question there.

Please use /dm to contact DMs. You have read the rules, right? The very first rule listed states that the shout channel may never be used.

As mentioned, IRC is a great way to get in touch with DMs/players, too. we are on stratics IRC in the room #arkaz.

Yes I have read the rules! Too bad they are a cause rather than a solution in this case. I gather you are an American? There is more than one EST you know. Use GMT if you expect to be understood by the world. The link you provided simply lists names, not who is what. I guess I will sit in IRC hoping someone has insomnia.

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Kondies,
What times GMT in general are you available so we can help you?
Also, what GameSpy name and Character name is having this problem?

Thanks,
Terror2001

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:14 pm

A fix for this problem has been implemented. Let us know the above information if you are still having problems.

kazlaan
Team Member; Retired with honors
Location: *on the dark side...and lost somewhere in the real world....*

Post by kazlaan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Heya

First of all: There are various ways to get help:

1.)http://www.arkaz.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2490

...have to admit it needs a little update ;)

Really helps you to see who is who..and who is a DM

2.) IRC has been mentioned

3.) If you look at the forums there is one alone for that as well

http://www.arkaz.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2490

4.) A PM at the group of DMs might help as well
Konides wrote: Yes I have read the rules! Too bad they are a cause rather than a solution in this case. I gather you are an American? There is more than one EST you know. Use GMT if you expect to be understood by the world. The link you provided simply lists names, not who is what. I guess I will sit in IRC hoping someone has insomnia.

.... and yes: normally one of us has insomnia. Hope that helps a bit for the next problem :)

Kaz

PS.: And I am sure I have forgotten a way to contact us ;)

PPS.: Welcome to Arkaz