Password system prevents respawning.

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Konides
unknown

Password system prevents respawning.

Post by Konides » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:03 am

Hi,

I would like to know how one is expected to get their character back after death? Once you are down you lay there bleeding until the server boots you for inactivity. Then when you log back in you start bleeding from 0 hp again whilst only having 1 minute to enter a password, which you cannot enter because you "cannot issue commands whilst dead!"

This is clearly an issue.

renard5
Wise One
Wise One

Re: Password system prevents respawning.

Post by renard5 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:10 am

Edit: Please don't post in ATT unless you have a question or are a team member replying to a question. Feel free to split this thread to a discussion thread in a forum that is not ATT. Thanks. - Ronan

luminance
Master Sage
Master Sage

Post by luminance » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:14 am

Edit: At this time, please try contacting a DM on IRC :)

Konides
unknown

Post by Konides » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:55 am

luminance wrote:Use the party channel to enter your password.

This does not work. None of the channels will accept commands because, as I said, 'you cannot issue commands if you are dead."

luvart
unknown

Post by luvart » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 am

Edit: Please don't post in ATT unless you have a question or are a team member replying to a question. Feel free to split this thread to a discussion thread in a forum that is not ATT. Thanks. - Ronan

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:22 am

First off welcome to Arkaz.

If you don't see a DM online, ping one of us on IRC, and we can help you sort this out. Its 4:20 AM EST, I'll be up for another 40 mins. Ping me on IRC, and I'll hop in.

Also, the server shouldn't be booting you offline if you die. We have a Death realm you go to, and you can make a run to your corpse when you come back. If you got booted when your first fell, then that needs to be posted to Mantis, so our build team can address it.

Kali
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Kali » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:41 am

Tel
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Tel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:11 pm

extension to this... can you issue commands while petrified? with permanent petrification this could make you really hard to rescue.

I'm not sure if you can put your password in on while under death-travel either, the last time that issue came up I happened to be dead in death travel. It really sucks to wait to see if you can get your password in while your bleeding / inventory is flying away from you.

Konides
unknown

Post by Konides » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Brayon wrote:First off welcome to Arkaz.

If you don't see a DM online, ping one of us on IRC, and we can help you sort this out. Its 4:20 AM EST, I'll be up for another 40 mins. Ping me on IRC, and I'll hop in.

Also, the server shouldn't be booting you offline if you die. We have a Death realm you go to, and you can make a run to your corpse when you come back. If you got booted when your first fell, then that needs to be posted to Mantis, so our build team can address it.

You cant see if DMs are online in any way I am aware of. Also WHICH EST? I'm EST which is +10 GMT. Shout is disabled so no way to contact who is on.

I am not dead and in a shadow plane, I am dying (but considered dead for issuing commands) and so lying bleeding in a field. When I log on I begin to bleed again from 0hp. It hasn't changed with resets either.

Kali
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Kali » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Just to be helpful, has anyone from the team contacted Nastr0nd on Hala about the issues? He doesn't have access to this forum so cant offer any suggestions, and may have already fixed these things for Hala.