Blackguards (and divine classes in general)

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Blackguards (and divine classes in general)

Post by Zombie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm trying to find information about Blackguards on Arkaz. I know that they have to follow a specific god, like Paladins do, but not which god. A search of the forums got 6 hits (will be 7 now including this one) but none of them were useful. The wiki page isn’t helpful either
http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Blackguard

In saying that I can't find anywhere that Paladins must follow Olyrn, which was a surprise for me when Belinde was looking for a god. I would have thought Braellis would have had Paladins too.

I thought the god for Blackguards was Valshar from memory. As my concept is for a Blackguard of pain (which would be Xanis) it wouldn’t fit any way, but the fact that I couldn’t find the information I guess is the problem here.

While I’m here, I wasn’t allowed to take Divine Champion levels with Belinde as both Paladin and Blackguard are considered divine champions of their specific gods, which is fine, but I cant find that written down any where either.
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blackguards (and divine classes in general)

Post by Brayon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Thank you very much for your question. We do know that some of the Lore, and information about certain gods and classes, is lacking in the Public arena. We are slowly, trying to fix this. :-) You are correct that Blackguards and Paladins do have to follow specific gods on Arkaz. I looked and we do have some information on them, posted Teamside, and I'll post some of that below. Full information will be posted soon, publicly. :-) It will be either here on the forums, or on the Wiki.
Blackguards
General Description
Blackguards are holy warriors tasked with carrying out the Divine will of Valshar. They have substituted their own morality for that of Valshar, and do not hesitate at acts others might find horrific. In return for their unwavering loyalty, Blackguards are given Divine powers to further carry out the goddess' will.
Paladins
General Description

Paladins are holy warriors of Olyrn, and are the living embodiments of His principles. They strive to do good in the world, and maintain their convictions despite the circumstances. In return for their dedication, Olyrn gives these warriors Divine powers to better carry out His will.

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Zombie wrote:While I’m here, I wasn’t allowed to take Divine Champion levels with Belinde as both Paladin and Blackguard are considered divine champions of their specific gods, which is fine, but I cant find that written down any where either.
Just reread this section. We will get back with this, as its a Special Case.

Ronan
The One
The One

Post by Ronan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 pm

The wiki entry on divine champion explains that followers of olryn and valshar should take the specialized classes rather than divine champion :) I hope that helps you find the information you seek.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Divine Champion is basically the paladin or blackguard for the rest of the Arkazian pantheon. :mrgreen:
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Oh I just had my PG dreams of Paladin 30 / Champion 10 is all :P
I still have PLENTY (if 3/day is plenty) of smite evil fun, but not the 700+ damage I saw a summoned archon dish out! (had a serious case of holy envy that day)

Honestly though, im not upset at all. I love Belinde and wouldnt change her. I just had a little sulk moment when the PRC was made available, but not to Paladins.
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

Caparzo
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by Caparzo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 pm

As a side note so no one elses PG dreams are smooshed, Divine Champion is a PrC which has a Maximum Five(5) level restriction. Noted on the wiki page.