Help needed with characters creation

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Drysh
Lost One
Lost One

Help needed with characters creation

Post by Drysh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:06 am

I recently finished creating a character here (Per Reinhard Corvus) and he is an aasimar. I selected a hair color (#164) that would fit perfectly with the angel wings (#2). The problem is, I later found out that the Character Creator changed the hair color to #16, didn't give him wings, and forgot some other things. My questions are:

1. Should an aasimar have wings? Could Per Corvus have? Does he have to earn his wings (maybe he could get them from his new god when he chooses one (soon, I hope))?

2. The hair color #16 makes his hair look like plastic. The color #166 is almost the same, but has the shades that make it looks like hair and color #164 (a bit darker, but almost white) is very close to the wing #2 color. Is it possible to change his hair color to #164? (Or, if he won't ever have wings, to #166?)

3. When I select the language thing, it says he speaks elvish. I think the Character Creator forgot to set that. He should speak celestial instead. And maybe animal, since he has animal domain.

4. He didn't get the race special power Light (1/day) and neither the acid, cold and electric resistance 5. I think he is missing the racial skin.

5. Since he is a cleric, what is the rule for Domains here? I don't find anywhere a list of domains that each god accepts. Does it exist somewhere? What if his domains doesn't fit his selected god?

6. Today I created a character for my wife who intends to play here as well. And we made a changeling for her, but her changeling is missing the changeling special power to change shapes. Could you please check her character too? That does look like a missing racial skin.

If these problems are what I think they are (missing racial skins), they are probably fixed by DM intervention alone, without the need for a bic edition. Also, that means that the Charactor Creator is bugged. The Character Creator said (with both chars) to speak with him again, but, when I did that, nothing happened.

7. My wife's character is going to take barbarian levels. Does barbarians have special rages here like in Avlis? If so, does a barbarian keep their special rage levels earned on Arkaz when portaling to Avlis? And Hala? And the other way around?

My ID: Drysh
Char: Per Reinhard Corvus

My wife's ID: Oxyne
Char: Ziva Klevish

Thanks.

Ronan
The One
The One

Re: Help needed with characters creation

Post by Ronan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:19 am

Here are the technical answers. The DMs will discuss and get back to you on context related Team-related questions :)

1&2) Wings and nonstandard hair color are not a standard aasimar feature. If you wish to make a special request, send a request to the DMs and they will discuss and get back to you.

3) Animal is given to druids and rangers upon creation, not clerics. Elven was granted because you had an original base race of half-elf and the system does not 'forget' languages. As for Celestial, write to the DMs.

4) The light ability is a token and you can request it from any DM. The resistances should have worked - A fix was done for this a few months ago and tested at this time - let me do some more testing and get back to you.

6) A fix for this hasn't been implemented yet, but if the changeling portals off world (to ysgard) and back, they should be fixed.

7) We do not have Barbarian special rages at this time, and because of how xp for these and other custom features (such as CTS) are stored, xp earned for these is non transferrable between worlds.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Drysh
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Drysh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 am

Thanks, Ronan.

1,2 & 3: Do I need to make a separate request, or is this post enough?
My request is:
- Add wing #2 (the angel wing);
- Change hair color to #164;
- Add the celestial language (and, if possible, remove elvish).
Reason: Because it looks great and because he is an aasimar, not an elf.
Do I need to send a email? PM? What is the adress? staff@arkaz.org ? If a more IC reason for this is needed, I'll work ICly in one, just tell me.

4: Sorry! My mistake. He has the resistances. And the Light power isn't a problem at all. So, forget this item. SOLVED

5: ?

6: Then, may a friendly DM teleport her char to the portal so she could portal to hala and back, please? I used to have a char in Hala that couldn't portal (to Avlis) because he was too low level. Her char is 1st level, won't it prevent her from portaling to Hala and back?

7: SOLVED

luminance
Master Sage
Master Sage

Post by luminance » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:09 am

1, 2, 3: Create a new private message, and select Dungeon Masters in the box on the far right, then click add.

5. If you're unsure about cleric domains I'd add that to your PM to the DM team. In general I think the rule has been to make it make sense. Like, don't take "death" or "evil" if you're a cleric of Avani.

6. The portal is easily accessed from Iron, just run when no one's on the server. There's no longer level restrictions, but the Hala password system might cause issues, you might need DM help on their side to get back.

Hope that helps.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Actually, Hala's password system is just like ours. Nostr0nd, one of their team, developed it when the Master Server went down last year. So, if she's never logged on to Hala before, she would just need to set her password and continue on.

And yes, since they changed the portal places for Avalis and Arkaz, there is no longer a level restriction to portal between servers. However, Avalis does have a separate password system and you would need to contact the Avlis team for more details.
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure

Drysh
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Drysh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Problems solved. I'll write the PM for the appearance. Thanks a lot.

Chris_Robin
Care Bear
Care Bear

Post by Chris_Robin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Just remembered...

On Hala you can change the Hair color in game. It's a shop located in Mirtho Rest. However, it costs 10,000 gold.
Shi'ara - Goddess of Pleasure