Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

CatX
Apprentice DM
Apprentice DM

Holy Warrior Divine Grace

Post by CatX » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi team!

Can you please clarify something for me? An Avenger or other holy warriors have the ability to know alignment (Divine Grace). This is not a spell that is cast. It is a gift from their god, but it does require a saving throw as to whether or not the holy warrior gets the information.

Is the saving throw roll OOC or not? It is considered OOC on Avlis, but I would clarification on how Arkaz views it.

Thanks!
8)
"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don't think for one second that I am one of them." Sherlock

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Holy Warrior Divine Grace

Post by Brayon » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Same as Avlis. The Roll is OOC, and should be played as such.

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:48 am

So, are other characters / NPCs unaware that 'something' happened and who caused it? Or is the fact that the feed back shows everyone who had to make a save (thus showing their evil alignment anyway) ooc?

I assume that those forced to make a save know that they had to (and may notice the PC staring at them), but the Holy Warrior only knows about people who failed their save.

Belinde uses detect evil around town from time to time which might worry the NPC(s) that she picked up..... :twisted:
Today you will suddenly realize how sensuous pudding can be. This will mark a turning point in your life.
Belinde: http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Belinde

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 am

Zombie wrote:So, are other characters / NPCs unaware that 'something' happened and who caused it? Or is the fact that the feed back shows everyone who had to make a save (thus showing their evil alignment anyway) ooc?
With one of the Know Alignment Spells, NPCs/PCs would know who casted it and that they were scanned.

With the Prestige Class detect that Holy Warriors get the targets do not know they were just scanned, nor do they know who used the ability. This is a Divine Ability granted to the Holy Warriors, and is not a spell in the normal sense. Also, unless the PC/NPC failed their saving through, the Holy Warrior should not used the feedback of who made a save. Doing so would be Metagaming.
Zombie wrote:I assume that those forced to make a save know that they had to (and may notice the PC staring at them), but the Holy Warrior only knows about people who failed their save.
They would not know they were the target of the ability, unless the Holy Warrior told them, or someone the Holy Warrior has told, tells them.

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:53 pm

All system/spell/etc. rolls are OOC. The detect spells and ability have their own IC feedback messages on success. Any visuals or sound effects are IC.