Tiefling tail question

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Vashalgrim
Wise One
Wise One

Tiefling tail question

Post by Vashalgrim » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:24 am

How much control does a tiefling have over their tail? Can I make it point at people? I assume holding anything of substance is not possible. What about wrapping around a small branch and breaking it as I walk? Drawing in the dirt?

Just feel like I could have fun with a tail and want to know what is acceptable in regards to control or not of my tail. :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tiefling tail question

Post by Brayon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 am

In regular PnP D&D the tail is like a monkey's prehensile tail. Think of Nightcrawler from the X-Men series as to how he used his tail. However, in NWN the PC doesn't have full control like you should because of engine limits.

I will say for RP purposes, use Rule Zero. As long as your not RPing fighting with it, as a third sword arm, then it should be cool.

FP, or Terry might add more.

ForsakenPlague
Team Member; Retired with honors

Re: Tiefling tail question

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:48 am

What we're looking to avoid is 'cheese.' Feel free to role-play your character's tail with lots of flexibility(Picking up objects, pointing, drawing in the dirt, used as an aid in combat, etc.), but please be mindful that it doesn't give your character any special abilities(Mechanically, it doesn't count as an extra attack, for instance), and that during events, how 'useful' the tail is depends on the DM involved(When in doubt, ping the DM channel).

ForsakenPlague