Tiefling question(s)

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

nwmblondytwo
unknown

Tiefling question(s)

Post by nwmblondytwo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:08 am

Hello!

So I'm having 'issues' downloading the latest haks for Hala (its an internet thing nothing I can fix until I visit a friends and use his interwebz for a bit) which means I can no longer run Jestin over to Arkaz, it is so much fun here after all :D

So I figured I'd roll an alt here ( I do so suffer from alt-ism) and Tiefling interested me.

Of course I would like to get it right though. I've searched the forums, checked the Arkaz wiki and I'm close to rolling him up, but the only in depth lore I have on the race is from the FR wiki.
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tiefling

Skin Colour - The FR wiki states "Pale to dark brown, ruddy to brick red"
I don't want a bright red character. Apart from not being allowed, it would be immersion breaking for me and others, and look stupid.
That said I like the idea of having a red hue to my skin colour, I have checked all the skin tones and found one that doesn't look out of place, is this allowed or are the skin tones different for Arkazian Tieflings?

Eyes - Again the FR wiki mentions Tieflings can have solid orb colours, one of these being red. I dont want a solid red orb eye, but I would like the iris to be red.

And any other basic info on how they would differ. I'm certain I'll learn most of it as I go along but I'm really just looking for things that won't force me to have to remake the character / effect other players / break the cheese barrier by over 9000!

(Also I couldn't find it, but are there any restrictions on playing a Blackguard character? not that I have that planned for this character, oh no other players, look away now... :roll: )

Thansk for any reply!

Blondy

P.S.
This is my brand new shiney Arkaz forum account, because I changed all my stuff and things, and now I dont remember any of my log in details for my old account, to be fair I made it liek 5 years ago and I cant even remember what i wrote at the start of this post... Not to worry, I like this one, I think Ill keep it.

nwmblondytwo
unknown

Re: Tiefling question(s)

Post by nwmblondytwo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:31 am

Oh and I nearly forgot,

I really really really, do not want a tail. At all. Ever. Egh.

:D

ForsakenPlague
Team Member; Retired with honors

Re: Tiefling question(s)

Post by ForsakenPlague » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Blondy 2.0, hopefully the answers below sort all your questions. Don't hesitate to ask if you get some more!

First, a general note about Tieflings. Tieflings on Arkaz are either 1) 'Lost' in that they washed up on the isles for any number of places, or are 2) From Yamman Arda, which you can learn a little bit more about via the linked thread. http://www.arkaz.com/lore/index.php?title=Yamman_Arda
Skin Colour - The FR wiki states "Pale to dark brown, ruddy to brick red"
I don't want a bright red character. Apart from not being allowed, it would be immersion breaking for me and others, and look stupid.
That said I like the idea of having a red hue to my skin colour, I have checked all the skin tones and found one that doesn't look out of place, is this allowed or are the skin tones different for Arkazian Tieflings?
Monster Manual wrote:Aside from a demeanor that many find disturbing, many Tieflings are indistinguishable from humans. Others have horns, pointed teeth, red eyes, a whiff of Brimstone about them, or even cloven feet.
As a general rule of thumb, the Arkaz team requires prior approval for atypical skin, hair and eye tones. In this case, a red-hued Tiefling with red irises would be fine.
And any other basic info on how they would differ. I'm certain I'll learn most of it as I go along but I'm really just looking for things that won't force me to have to remake the character / effect other players / break the cheese barrier by over 9000!
Stick to Forgotten Realms & Monster Manual definitions, and when in doubt on some extraneous and specific detail, ask! I can't think of any reason you'd need to re-roll(Except naming your character'tyeprer of the year')
(Also I couldn't find it, but are there any restrictions on playing a Blackguard character? not that I have that planned for this character, oh no other players, look away now... )
http://www.arkaz.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8862
Oh and I nearly forgot,

I really really really, do not want a tail. At all. Ever. Egh.
I'll get back to you on this one. Again, I hope this helped; have fun! :D

ForsakenPlague