Remote Server Resets

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Kali
Wise One
Wise One

Remote Server Resets

Post by Kali » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Is there an automated server/mod restart between 6-9am gmt? I was busy crafting last night when a reset was triggered, giving me 60 seconds warning. I lost quite a bit of work which was a little irritating. If this is a scheduled thing then I will make sure im not crafting durring those times. If it isnt scheduled then shame on someone :P

Dyers
Informed One
Informed One

Re: Remote Server Resets

Post by Dyers » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Was about this same time a couple weeks ago I just had got to were I had fallen and boom....a server reset with no warning. I know before it use to start giving a warning like 5 minutes before and every minute till it reset. Needless to say the outcome was not good.

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Cant speak for other DMs, but I do ever so often reset the servers remotely, around the time the server's been up 3~5 days. However, I don't trigger them till I see no one on. Now once we send a hit to the remote server, it goes into que, and there is noway (at least for me) to stop it. Based on times, I've seen a hit to reset take 10 mins before it actually happens. Usually its within 1~3 mins.

So the other night, I could of been the one to activate the reset, but when I did, no one was on the server at the time.

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:12 am

Ya when a team member with access hit's the site and issues a restart what happens is it sets a db flag. Then once a minute the module will check for the flag in the DB and if it sees it then it restarts. Currently there is no way for team members to stop it without db access. We could change the code I guess to change it so it make's an announcement.

I'll add that to the list.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Also, there is an automated server reset. I haven't looked at the code running to see when it triggers, but I do know it is there.

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Post by terryrayc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Okay I looked at the code for the team member enacted restart. It checks every 90 seconds.
Once it finds a request it then checks every 30 seconds to see if there is a stop request or not. It also sends out a IG msg and a DM msg with the countdown.

It should run for 5 minutes and then restart.

Please should be seeing msgs about it.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore