Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Moonyju
Lost One
Lost One

Inns/Cottages and rent

Post by Moonyju » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:57 am

Hi hi peepsters! :)

I have a question for you all, before I'm tempted to do something that might potentially be bad form.
I tried to get a DM on IRC, as, nowadays, it's easier for me to be on there than on any forums.

Anyways. So got a PC who has a cottage with another player's PC, but RL got in the way of paying rent. Now, I had a bit of time to just run my PC over to Nuvar and pay, even if it's mostly OOC for her to make the trip alone, though becoming less so overtime. However, as I was expecting, rent was long overdue and now the cottage is vacant. So, I went to see the NPC, hoping to re-rent it, and he had one available, but not the same one we had. I tried renting the one he offered to see if he would offer me another one.. but no. As we had left a few things in the chest in that cottage, we'd like to have the same one, of course.

Is there any way that could be possible?

Thanks much! :)
Moonyju (Jalya on IRC)

Greg-Pooh
Head DM
Head DM

Re: Inns/Cottages and rent

Post by Greg-Pooh » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:26 am

I don't think the stuff sticks around from an old renting session, even if you re-rent the same place, unfortunately. There ~may~ be some way to retrieve it, but I'm not the person to answer that.
"If you don't like yourself you can't like other people." ~Robert Heinlein

Zandel2
DM
DM

Post by Zandel2 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:00 pm

If someone else has rented it, your are out of luck. If no one else has rented it, the stuff in the chest may still be accessible to a DM who could pull it out for you (I hope its not pages and pages). Keep tying in IRC, I am going away for the weekend, or I would help you tonight.

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:19 pm

I'll be around saturday GMT afternoon for an event, and may be able to see before or after.

If you let us know the cottage number we can see if it got rerented again as well.

Moonyju
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Moonyju » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks guys!

Cottage is #8 and the server was telling me it's vacant when I tried (and lost, of course) the key.

My PC Miellyana rents it with Tris (played by Psyeshaar (LostCause on irc)).
Trying to see with him if he can be around today or tomorrow or at all this weekend. I have friends from out of town over this weekend, so I won't be at the computer at all while they're there.

I could hop IG for a few tonight starting around 7:30pm EST (when I get home from work) until friends get there, if someone's around. Got a lot of things to do before they get here, so I won't be IG all this time, however, if you could poke me on IRC, I'll keep an eye on there. :)

Otherwise, I'll only be available Sunday early afternoon (EST), after friends have left.

Thankie much!

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:39 am

Cottage is registered as previously rented by Tristran C Greenlin (Psyshaar).
Not re-rented afterwards so the chest shoul still be there.

I can't meet you sunday, so we'll have to find another day/time.

Moonyju
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Moonyju » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:28 am

Sorted!
Thanks for the help, DL! :)

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 am

You're welcome, pity the chest was empty.

Moonyju
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Moonyju » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Well um... this is embarrassing...

Could this post affect inn rooms and cottages, too?

As I'm working from home today, I decided to take a break for a few minutes and pay the rent... but oh surprise, I was told the cottage was vacant and I lost the key.

However, I last paid rent (cottage #8) on September 4th (evening, EDT, so might be Sept. 5th in the database), so not long enough for the delay to be expired, I don't think? I thought it was 3 RL months? (Miellyana isn't the "main" tenant (Tristran C. Greenlin is), so I can't pre-pay rent, or I would, to avoid too much RL interferences in paying rent!).

I guess that teaches me to just make a fly-by stop for a few minutes without reading the boards first...

I'm assuming the cottage, and therefore the crafting tools stored in there, are lost for good? Or is there a way to get it back?

Please please please please and thanks... again.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

mhogar
Head Builder / DM
Head Builder / DM

Post by mhogar » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 am

yes .. more database issues