Login problem with Islands

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

demonlady
DM
DM

Login problem with Islands

Post by demonlady » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:28 pm

I can't log in on Islands anymore, as the server for some reason keeps timing out for me.
I *can* log in on Iron and then take the boat to there so I have no clue why that does work while logging in does not.
Anyone have any idea about the cause and how to fix it ?

It's quite annoying, especially if my NWN crashes just as I was transitting from Iron to Nuvar and end up dominated on the first and not able to login on the other.

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Re: Login problem with Islands

Post by Daemona » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:21 pm

I had this same exact problem in the past. I would log out of Islands and when I tried to log back in I was either dominated on Islands or timed out. I could log in on Iron but transitioning to Islands would get me dominated. The fix that always worked for me was as follows.

Wait an hour if you had tried to log into Islands
Take the boat to Sigil.
Log out in Sigil.
Log back into Sigil.
Transition to Arkaz.
From the boat go to Grubbins
Take the transition to Islands.

I noticed I got this the most frequently if the return to Islands was less than an hour off world. It was also more common with a custom race.
Hope this helps.

demonlady
DM
DM

Post by demonlady » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:54 am

Didn't fix a thing.

I also have no issues at all with any of the Avlis, Hala or other Arkaz servers.
It just can't find the Islands server *after* it checked and approves my login name and password.

I've been having this problem since the server was set to Party so I suspect it has something to do with that.
Can someone with server knowledge look at it please ?

Mhog: Dont use an old ip address ;-)

badjabadjabadja
Lost One
Lost One

Post by badjabadjabadja » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:22 pm

I have had the same problem as Dae with Berruffi Hopen (custom race) in the last week.

Portal Sigil -> Iron: client hangs, reboot, log into Iron, seemed OK.
Portal Iron -> Islands: dominated
I can then log into Iron repeatedly and try to take the boat to Islands, but keep being dominated there. It behaves like I didn't take the boat at all, but tried to server hop without waiting the hour.

Waited an hour or so and server hopped to Islands, was okay until when I logged out for an hour or two. Was dominated again on log-in.

Ran all the way back to Sigil, turned around straight away & took the portals back to Islands, seemed to be OK that time.

Dull Fred
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Dull Fred » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm getting a similar problem with my mouze.

I can log into Iron, but not Toloira or Islands. I get dominated when I transition.