One Year

Post positive raves here
Ronan
The One
The One

One Year

Post by Ronan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:12 am

So I think it's been around a year since I started playing here seriously, making a native alt and sticking to this one instead of a test character that didn't stay around...

and I am still loving it here and so glad to have been here on Arkaz. The players and DMs here are great, the atmosphere is friendly, and there are always so many people to play with :D I have enjoyed watching my character quiver through death threats, chase dark powers, and use up vials of ink on letters. I have enjoyed watching the students at the mage school continue to grow past the little lessons and I have enjoyed the troublesome goblins, the sailing for avarine, and all the great stuff the players and DMs do.

Thank you everyone.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Re: One Year

Post by Tremayne7 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:25 pm

I have to agree. I have brought Aria and Peter over here to visit and then found myself staying. Thanks to everyone who makes this place fun. That is you all.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Blackravenfeather
Informed One
Informed One

Post by Blackravenfeather » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Been close to a year for me too. Thanks to everyone that made it enjoyable to play Raven

VCaparzo
Master Sage
Master Sage

Post by VCaparzo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Noticed that today mark's my own One Year anniversary from joining the world of Arkaz. Well at least as far as the forums go, still not exactly sure when Casey 3.0 really took his first steps on the island.

Regardless I just wanted to take the time to express my sincere gratitude to each and every one of you that makes the world of Arkaz possible. Being my first RP experience I wasn't quite certain what to expect and even less certain of how to interact. I can honestly say I can't imagine wishing I'd begun my career anywhere else. The willingness to be patient and supportive as we (Both Casey & myself) found our feet and the dedication to keep Arkaz a living breathing world for us is beyond description. Though I am exceptionally grateful for the gentle nudges, as well as the kicks to the back of the head, that kept me in the game. Because of your efforts I've discovered quite a bit about myself through my characters, as well as improved upon what I once claimed passed for an educated vocabulary. There is still plenty for me to learn I know, but this seemed like a good time to thank those that got me this far, which again is all of you!

I've made some great friends and equally enjoyable enemies in the process and hope I may continue to do so for a long time to come. So thank you once more for accepting and tolerating me and my characters for so long. Looking forward to another year.

ambrosia
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by ambrosia » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Yay! We're so glad to you have too. :mrgreen:
- DM Avani - (retired)

luminance
Master Sage
Master Sage

Post by luminance » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 am

While I went past my own one year anniversary without posting, this is my 500th post. :)

Andy was created on June 14! :D

This is, without a doubt, the best game I've ever been a part of online and I really appreciate all of you as writers. Andy went from an alt I made on a whim to my main and probably one of my favourites, if not my favourite character. I entered this game with essentially no plans or expectations for her and because of the other players here and how you all react to her, she's managed all these incredible relationships and goals I would have never expected.

As strange as it may sound, as someone who's done mostly PnP and short online games, I'm pretty sure Andy is now among my longest-lasting characters. That I can still enjoy playing every day (or nearly every day!) really speaks for how spectacular this game is. It's like my favourite book and I can't wait to find out what will happen in the next chapter!

ambrosia
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by ambrosia » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 pm

My one year anniversary as an Arkaz DM snuck past me sometime during this last week or two, but I wanted to be sure to say thanks for the great year together. This last year had its pitfalls, bumps, and bruises (mostly unrelated to Arkaz) but, overall, has been mostly "ups" (mostly related to Arkaz!) and has certainly been one of the most interesting growing experiences for me!

Thank you for bringing to life each of your characters, sharing your imagination and stories, and interacting so vibrantly within the world of Arkaz. Each of you are unique and special to me in your own way and it has been a delight to get to know you and DM for each of you. Thanks for spending some of your free time here!

Game On! :D
- DM Avani - (retired)