Nithhogr

Post positive raves here
Darkfire
Miscreant of Sanity

Nithhogr

Post by Darkfire » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:26 am

That was pretty bad ass, especially the little twist at the end. I knew something was going to happen, but what, was beyond me.

I still remember back in ye olden days when she wasn't a dracolich and we were beating her up (or getting beaten down!) and her son was still an issue. Lots of blood, sweat, and time back then and it all paid off a while later.

Good times, especially tonight. Great thing it didn't get screwed up, lol, would have been some uh... hellacious consequences. :twisted: But worth the risk.

Thanks to all for the good times, really brought me back to before the portals were down and I could actually be involved in things.

Cheers and good night
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.

Daemona
Area Builder
Area Builder

Re: Nithhogr

Post by Daemona » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:51 pm

The event was definitely worth the sleep griefing for me. Thank goodness for unforeseen early retirement. This is the type of event that typifies Terry. He adds some very interesting twists that the player has no idea is headed their way.

Terry thank you for putting up with my insistence this be address over the year and a half as we started to work out details.

For those who don't know the length of this plot I will hit a few key points. It started on the closing event of the portal when Eilthrar rushed through first. A few weeks later he came back with three red wyrmlings which caused Nithhogr to follow. It involved two team coordinated off world events to gather materials for the false worldstone, which was never used. IC recruitment of three Avlis guilds to fight the living red dragon. It goes on and on from there. Over forty events in total.

One player made significant contributions with two characters, Goldie and Noor and I so glad they could be there for the closing.

There are also those who still play and contributed so much to this that could not make it for RL reasons. Michiko was there through so much of it.

I could name all the groups and people who made this plot what it was, pure epic, a battle between to gods but that would fill page after page here. You all know who you are.

A heartfelt thank you to everyone who worked with us toward the end here. All the characters who came to the aid of Nuvar and Arkaz. The mage school, our friends from Hala and Avlis, this could have not come off with you.

Last of all Terry, thanks for not revealing much to me on what would happen. It is no fun to have an event plotted out like a dance step. I loved the twist at the end where Sirrush put Noor in a rather uncomfortable position.

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Post by Tremayne7 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 pm

I'd like to thank you for involving us "newbies" as well. Granted I wasn't around for a lot of this either on Hala or here on Arkaz.

It's nice to see the server and friends pull together for something like this. Poor Zach is feeling like he was run over by a herd of dragons today. :wink:

And to my fellow players. The RP was as always top notch. :mrgreen:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

makelovelikewar
Lore Master
Lore Master

Post by makelovelikewar » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm

It was a great time! Thanks to Dertmore and to all the players. It was very cool to see such a large group work tactically. That is always very cool to see. Also, the RP was top notch and multi-layered. Yay everyone! :D
makelovelikewar/medea

"I am of a different kind; Dangerous to my enemies, loyal to my friends. To such a life glory belongs."
- "Medea" by Euripedes

ambrosia
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by ambrosia » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:28 pm

I had a great time!

My only regret was it was so late and I was so sleepy I didn't remember I could drop party and hostile you Darkfire until it was too late. You lovely evil little goober you. :lol: :P :wink: :twisted: 8) :mrgreen:

*toasts with cocoa*

thetamlyone
Wise One
Wise One

Post by thetamlyone » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:30 pm

I am so glad Thralia and Ji could be there! Thanks to all who made it so much fun! :D Nithhogr sure got tougher as she got older....I remember when she rampaged through the Old Hamlet ages ago..... It was great to be there for the end....even greater that it's not truly the end!

Oh, and Amby if you had Thralia's mouth, you wouldn't have had to worry about all that messy hostile-setting for yourself. :D

Dusk_Strider
Wise One
Wise One

Post by Dusk_Strider » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:48 pm

I couldn't be happier that my computer was repaired as quick as it has, because I would probably be depressed had I missed something like this. I am so happy that I got to participate in as much of this event as I did because it truly was as mentioned already EPIC. I must give massive raves to everyone who was there, everyone who was involved, and everyone who contributed to its finale. Cheers! :D

Also, fortunately for me I stayed home from school that day, and I had a 2 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper on standby incase I got tired, which I wasn't at all! xD
Lomir Nolimon
Guardsman / Virtuoso of Nuvar; High Champion of Olyrn; Demon Hunter

"Heroism is only a word until you start to live it" - Lomir Nolimon

Jack Olivander (Pirate)

Zombie
Hala DM
Hala DM

Post by Zombie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Curse my dinner!

So disapointed I had to leave. Good that fun was had though, and it sounds like a lot!

VCaparzo
Master Sage
Master Sage

Post by VCaparzo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Ditto to everyone and Kudos all around! :D

Most of the event had me as nervous as Vincent about the outcome! Excellent work, RP, etc. Thanks for making the event so open and truly enjoyable. Even being ignorant about most the situation and events leading up didn't hinder the fun! Really appreciate everyone letting us hang with the cool kids on this one. 8)

aquamage
Wise One
Wise One

Post by aquamage » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:25 pm

It was wonderful to have been able to be a part of the final chapter in a story I have heard so much about since I fist came to Arkaz. I truly felt I was living in a ledgend! Thanks so much to all for making it a grand event! Everyone did such a great job and the final battle was truly epic. The final twist was awesome....and I must say some of the battles were quite humbling. Thomas hasn't gotten tossed around like that for some time! :lol: Kudos to all!