Arkaz

Post positive raves here
3DWarrior
Team Member; Retired with honors

Arkaz

Post by 3DWarrior » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:55 pm

I rarely-if ever-'rave' due to the fact that I always feel like I'm giving credit to one while another deserved it just as much. However, I can no longer remain as silent due to two conclusions

First, I can easily keep this rave general to help encompass the varying levels of incredibly-astounding people.

Second, remaining silent is a disservice to such an awesome collection of individuals.

I digress; without further ado, I begin.

Dms: You guys are incredible. Without the smooth-walking, smooth-talking Dms we have, Arkaz would be a dry, worn-out box. I have never walked away from an event on Arkaz thinking, "I wasted my time," but rather have always thought, "this was a night well-spent." Varm, Avani, Samhaim, Pelagia, Valshar, Raylorm(huzzah!), and all the others-you guys are awesome.

Builders: What would Dms do if there weren't areas to work with? Yes, areas exist, but new content helps keep things rolling. The world is constantly expanding due to efforts by Luminance and Blackravenfeather, and was originally put in place by people like Terror and Bruno. My metaphorical hat is off to you!

Players: When it comes down to it, a world is about the players. No matter how much a Dm waves their wand, and no matter how much a builder uploads new content, it is all pointless if the world lacks a motivated, inspired group of players who are actively shaping the world with their actions. Arkaz is blessed to have such quality people signing in to make the world happen.

Terry: What is a world without it's leader? Not much. From keeping the physical servers running to guiding with sound logic-this guy is a rock, and not only that, he knows how to operate the client! Extreme appreciation is due for all the stuff he does to keep us running.

If any of the previous comments struck a chord, say so! If you feel as I do-that Arkaz is one of the better ways to spend my time due to the incredible staff and awesome players-then say so! Say thank you to your Dms, builders, fellow players and others!

Ronan
The One
The One

Re: Arkaz

Post by Ronan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Arkaz is great. The players are very friendly, the DMs are very helpful, and the builders are always building new areas for us :D I love it!
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.

thetamlyone
Wise One
Wise One

Post by thetamlyone » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:55 pm

I have been pretty quiet during all the latest hints of discontent because I'm simply baffled. Maybe my very small amount of IRC participation makes me oblivious to things, but I think that may not always be a bad thing. I just play here and have fun, and I am very thankful to all who make that possible--especially those who do all the behind-the-scenes work that may often not get the thanks it deserves. Thanks to everyone!

Adament
Team Member; Retired with honors

Post by Adament » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:28 pm

I have been having a great time here and have no complaints at all. Great great fun!
My RP strategy for playing a low wisdom character is to basically just be myself.

luminance
Master Sage
Master Sage

Post by luminance » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:48 pm

I bought Neverwinter Nights in 2004 (I think?) After hearing how great it was. I went through probably the first ten minutes of the base campaign and was like, "what's the big deal? This game sucks," and never played it again until Ronan and Sam finally showed me copap. After that I couldn't believe I'd had this game for YEARS and had been digging through forums, livejournals, chat rooms, tegaki... looking for anywhere with good RP online, and really I had the proper thing installed already! :roll:

I've never found a place that is so open and accepting and friendly in ~YEARS~ of RPing online elsewhere. The flexibility of the players and DMs to adapt ICly to different situations and roll with things as they go is just amazing and makes for some really fun improv. And honestly, despite any DRAMABOMBS that have been going off lately, this is the lowest drama RP I've ever been in and I really appreciate that as well. :)

Thanks for helping me develop a character who has gone from a vague thought in my head to one of my favourite people to pretend to be! Thanks for leading her somewhere I didn't expect, and thanks for rolling with it when she went that way!

Tremayne7
Crafting Master
Crafting Master

Post by Tremayne7 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:09 pm

I too feel as others who have signed here. It really burns me that people won't really see what we have here. A great group of folks. I've raved the builders, coders, players and the Team in my time here.

There was a period of time I couldn't play NWN because my graphics cards was so fugged. Finally, I was able to get a new one and haven't stopped playing since.

I can understand that some people can misunderstand things especially when they come in on the end of large plot or a major turning point in a plot, but they should understand that explanations are not always easy to give or have time for them when in the middle of a big battle.

Arkaz is small compared to Avlis and to a degree to Hala. BUT small is good. WE, our players, staff and team work together to make Arkaz what it is. A GREAT place to play.

ForsakenPlague is our newest DM, but certainly is not the least. Nor are Varm, Gregpooh, Avani, Samhaim, Soulkey, Terry or yes even our dearest Ray. You all have changed this world along with us. You are the bandleaders and we your music, lyrics and songs. Builders like 3D, Lumi and Blackravenfeather are the notes and key changes. Ok, so I am a bard. :wink:

We have our good and our evil. We have Yamman Arda and Avarine. We all exist somewhere in the middle.

Thank you for just being you.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning