MULTIPLE RAVE-GASM!!

Post positive raves here
struldbruggian
Lost One
Lost One

MULTIPLE RAVE-GASM!!

Post by struldbruggian » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 pm

ok, now that i have your attention...

this rave is not for one person, but actually for everyone, who all make playing NWN far better than watching re-runs of Law and Order or doing laundry. yeah, i've been playing it for a long time now, and I know most of the places and dungeons the co-pap worlds have to offer. New content is refreshing when it comes along, and the Arkaz team excels at this, whether it is new quests, new dungeons or entire new crafting systems. All done by people who give up time they could be doing something else to wrestle with code or the toolset to amuse the rest of us. It ain't always a perfect game world, things don't always work exactly as we'd want and change doesn't happen at lightspeed, but its freakin awesome to see so much cool new stuff, and a really big thank you to each and everyone who contributes to that!

While the gameworld is creative and fun, what really sets nwn apart is getting to interact with other players within a DnD format. we used to have monthly pen and paper DnD sessions when our circle of gamer friends lived close enough and had the luxury of getting together regularly, but real life has a habit of complicating your life and it got too hard to get everyone in one place at the same time. but with nwn, we can have fun DnD adventures with fellow gamers even if they live hundreds of miles away! Role playing is something you don't really get in most other video games... in nwn I can play at being a divinely saucy wench or mousy bookworm wizard, and enjoy how she interacts with your {fill in the blank} character in different situations. DMs and the scenarios and conflicts they inject into the world bring it even more to life.

so, this rave is for all of you, the builders and coders, the DMs and fellow players, and of course Terry who keeps the servers plugged in and running. Kudos to you all!