Arkaz policy on Griefing

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

terryrayc
lord of all I prevail
lord of all I prevail

Arkaz policy on Griefing

Post by terryrayc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:18 pm

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players.
I like the wikipedia version

Exact griefing methods differ from game to game. Common methods include:
  • Player killing in games that do not have separate areas, or an option, to keep those who want this type of gameplay from attacking those who do not. This does not include games that are designed with constant player combat in mind.
  • Intentional friendly fire or deliberately performing actions detrimental to team members' game performance, including wasting key game elements and colluding with the opposition (referred to as "ghosting")
  • Any methods of reversing another player's progress (such as randomly destroying other player's creations in Minecraft or Terraria)
  • Written and/or verbal insults, false accusations of cheating/griefing
  • Stealing other players' items and/or experience (when done for the purpose of harassment, not self-gain)
    Spamming
  • Camping at a corpse or area to kill someone as soon as they resurrect
  • Acting out-of-character in a role-play setting
  • Luring many monsters or one big one to chase the griefer and then rushing to where others are (kiting), for the purpose of getting other people killed by this surprise mass of monsters. The line of monsters in pursuit looks like a train, and hence this is sometimes called "training".
  • Blocking another player's way so they cannot move or get out of a particular area, or access an in-game resource (such as a non-player character)
  • Use the common sense rule
This is a common sense rule, which means you all should know that your actions could and will probably ruin the fun for another player and you should not do it.
Visit the Arkaz Wiki at http://www.arkaz.com/lore