Phases of the Moon?

Any Questions you might have.

Moderators: Dungeon Masters, Hala DM

Sloth
Lost One
Lost One

Phases of the Moon?

Post by Sloth » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:35 pm

I was curious as to how the phases of the moon work here in Arkaz. It seems reasonable that a character could look to the sky and check but I cannot find any reference to how it functions in terms of IG time; which dates correspond to which phases?

Thanks in advance.

orvarg
Wise One
Wise One

Re: Phases of the Moon?

Post by orvarg » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 am

cosidering the way inn room rents are set up(1 rl week = out to 1 month ig time)in 3 rl months i year of ig time has passed . of corse using that as a unit of measure, makes gus some new kind of undead. ; ) and tor would be a pile of dust.(i don't wanna think of how old damien would end up being)

Brayon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Brayon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:43 am

The short answer to this is the phases of the moon are tied to two IG systems. The first being a quest that has been in play since the beginning of the server. That would make me say that learning the phases are FOIG. But our Lycan system uses similar IG time for transformation like Avlis' system. Terror would need to fill in the full details on the code and IG time for that.

Sloth send a PM to the full DM team, and let us know what direction you were going in, please. That way we can send you a nonspoiler response. :-)

terror2001
The One
The One

Post by terror2001 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:04 am

Yeah, various systems are not synced.
The modules run at 1 IG hour passes every 4 RL minutes.
The Lycan system is based off of this clock.
I think I will updated the inn system conversation to reflect the correct amount of IG time that passes during a RL week (which is like 3.5 IG months, so a RL month equates to about 1 IG year and 2 months).
The magic mouth I believe also uses the IG clock.

Sloth
Lost One
Lost One

Post by Sloth » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:43 am

Beginning to suspect as much. PM sent. Thanks for the speedy responses!